• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 14.4 Amps

blazin_lumens

Newly Enlightened
I saw a custom flashlight that ran at 14.4 amps and thought this would be the right place to look. But I'm looking to build/get one. Does anyone know anything about it?

EvilLithiumMan

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF! Please be sure to leave your credit card with the receptionist.

Well, 14.4 amps isn't much information, except that is a lot of current for a flashlight. Can you provide any more details? How bright is it (lumens)? What form factor was it? There is plenty of info here - spend some time reading through the other groups. There are plenty of custom lights available, to buy or build your own, it's all here. Enjoy.

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF (and get ready for bread-only breakfasts, lunches and dinners) !

Like ELM said, form-factor and maybe lumens, but if you know/saw what bulb or cells it used, it might get you there faster...

Cheers !!

blazin_lumens

Newly Enlightened
Thanks and regarding to the light, I thought it was a modified maglight. But seeing that it ran off 14 amps, I knew it was something I had to build. I remember finding it though another website that led me to CPF though. Oh, that and it could catch paper on fire, which is overkill, but nice.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Who is the Mac guy thinking he knows what he's talking about?
Oh, he's the guy that makes that light.
:) john

blazin_lumens

Newly Enlightened
thanks, and thats it. I thought I read somewhere that it was 14.4 amps, which even I know, seemed way too powerful. But is there a way I could build this myself? I saw that theres some machining involved but I could have that taken care of. Oh by the way, a 14.4 amp light would be kind of cool though.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep - this be the right place and cmacclel is the man to talk to about these. After seeing that video a while back I added this light to my want list :D

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Oh, that and it could catch paper on fire, which is overkill, but nice."

That's the best clue for the light you mentioned. Even I knew it, and I'm only into L.E.D.-equipped lights ! :).

Cheers !