Need help on vapour trapped inside L2T head

LowTEC

Enlightened
I was washing my hands while my Fenix L2T dropped in the sink, now it has the "fog" trapped inside the head. Tried to warm it on top of a warmer, the glass SEEMS to cleared a little bit but the vapour is actually sticking onto the reflector. Kept the light on high for a few minutes, the vapour condensation is back onto the lens. Been back and forth a few times and still no cure. The head and heat sink module is super tight and there is no way to unscrew it unless something breaks, what do I do now? I thought L2T was "dunkable", I guess not!

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
I heard that if you get the head hot by submerging the unit in boiling water for a time (inside an airtight bag) you can loosen up the glue that holds the module in. YOu also need the right tool to turn the retaining ring. Once it's appart you can dry everything, lube the o-rings and reseal it. be very careful of the coating on the reflector, it's touchy stuff. that's sad becasue I took my L2p swimming all summer and never got water in it once.

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not just leave it switched on, full, for a long time.

The heat from the LED should surely dry out the condensation, eventually, once the hot dry air has filled the head, and expelled the water vapour.

You could also try putting it into a sealed container with some dessicant, ie silica gel, as found in those small packages that come with cameras, to prevent condensation in the lens from forming, whilst shipping, air freight, from abroad (cold air temps)

Last edited:

garageguy

Newly Enlightened
However you do it, do it soon. Water left on the reflector can damage the finish. At least that has been my experience in the past. Sorry that I don't have any recommendations on how to remove it, but taking it apart seems like the best way to make sure all of the vapor is gone.

coldsolderjoint

Enlightened
Id probably try to send it back to the dealer where you got it from. I hope its 47's cuz his Customer Service beats any other company out there.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
You could try turning it on till it vaporizes the moisture and then sticking it in the fridge for a day or two perhaps the humidity will be pulled out of it by the lower humidity present.

LowTEC

Enlightened
Thanx for everyone's advise, I ended up putting the head alone on a coffee warmer on low for over 12 hours an the vapour is now gone