Target 50 dollar gift card! What light to buy?

tomdooley62

Newly Enlightened
Got a 50 dollar gift card the other day for target when I bought my new razor phone from Cingular. ( Could have gotten a card from Belks but dont tell my wife that!) Thinking of the Inova X0 series. Would any from that series be a good one? The one I was looking at was the X05 OR X03 ( I think???) It was around 54.00.

Thanks for your input,

Dave

Last edited:

TooDamFast

Newly Enlightened
Why are Coast brand lights never brought up in these forums? do they stink? That seems to be the other brand that target has to offer.

Martini

Enlightened
The LED Lenser/Coast/Eddie Bauer lights are generally rather overpriced, but not outright bad lights. I have one of the 5 white/1 red 5mm lights, and it's actually fairly useful. It's takes 3xAAA in a battery carrier, but I tossed that in favor of an RCR123A. I'm trying to figure out if I can get it to take an 18650 and still seal properly. Anyway, the bodies are pretty thin, but the anodizing (type II) is good, gold contacts throughout (including the carrier), threads are cut pretty well. Lots of multiple 5mms lights, none of which seem to violate Inova's patents. Not bad lights, really, just unjustifiably expensive. Stick with the Inovas.

tomdooley62

Newly Enlightened
Got me the Inova Xo3! I love it. First thing I did was removed the chrome lens reatiner to let me have access to the lens. Applied pda protector film to it and lubed o rings. Fantatstic light, showed it to co worker today and he has the fever for one now. I also picked up the Eddie Bauer (Coast) Nano Tac. The one that runs off of ag13 batts. Impessive little light , they had them on sale for 9.99. Found some extra batts at Target too I think they were like 10 or so for 4.99.

lightUup

Newly Enlightened
tomdooley62 said:
Got me the Inova Xo3! I love it. First thing I did was removed the chrome lens reatiner to let me have access to the lens. Applied pda protector film to it and lubed o rings. Fantatstic light, showed it to co worker today and he has the fever for one now. I also picked up the Eddie Bauer (Coast) Nano Tac. The one that runs off of ag13 batts. Impessive little light , they had them on sale for 9.99. Found some extra batts at Target too I think they were like 10 or so for 4.99.
The Xo3 is an excellent choice! I really would like to get a T3 but they don't carry it at Target. :rant:

LOBOLUMENS

Newly Enlightened
WOW, the INOVA fans really came out for this post! I say go for the Brinkmann 3AAA 3Watt LED & a 2D Maglite. You'll love the Brinkmann and you can turn the Mag into an ROP!

:sold: