Do you think CPF members should get discounts from online retailers?

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
5% or 10%? When one member posts great service, great prices on a thread, this retailer gets a lot of busniess. I wouldn't of even heard of TTS, LPS, and Brightguys if it wasn't for other members. Would it be too much to ask for a small discount or even free shipping?

Saaby

Flashaholic
Most retailers offer slight discounts (Usually on shipping) or the option to use USPS for CPF members, just ask...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Personally,I don't think my being a member of an online board should entitle me to a discount.
If one of the retailers you mentioned provides me with a good price and good sevice and I give them a good writeup-I don't want anything back in exchange.The companies reward for that service and good pricing is the increased business they get.Why should he be required to kick any back to me?I guess thats just how I see it.
troy

Darell

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Saaby:
Most retailers offer slight discounts..
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hmmm. Most? There are plenty of dealers out there who still haven't even heard of CPF. Can't say that I've EVER gotten a discount just because of my CPF membership. I sometimes get good deals because I'm a good customer though...

But to answer the question - no. I don't think viewing this board entitles me to any sort of discount. I wouldn't expect a discount if I read about a dealer in a magazine, so I'm not sure I follow the logic here. If anybody should get a discount for CPF it should be David. And maybe Sasha if she has her whip.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Let me rephrase--

A few dealers (Vicomptel is one--there are others) will let you do USPS shipping us UPS as a trusted member of CPF. This can be considered a discout in my eyes.

Saaby

Flashaholic
tongue.gif
(I mean that in the rude way...not the razz way
wink.gif
)

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Price, delivery, service (before and after the sale), and convenience are all factors that I consider in deciding where to purchase any specific item. (Assume that the quality I demand from a product product is a given across all possible vendors.)

I'll weight these factors differently for different things I purchase. If a vendor thinks he can increase his profitability by offering better terms to any affinity group I belong to those improved terms make me more likely to decide in his direction.

Such improved terms are by no means expected by me. On the other hand, the mere fact that some firm becomes visible to me because it has taken good care of its discerning customers in such an affinity group means that my net relative competitive ranking of them is likely to improve.

Greta

Flashaholic
Darell,

Are you implying that I can't get a discount without my whip? I don't need no stinkin' whip to get a discount...
eyelashes.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Naw, no discount needed. Anyone who's ever tried to run a business in an already-competitve market with already-slim profit margins like flashlights will know that dealers are stretched thin just to survive.

As others have said good service, and longevity (they'll be there when I need'em later) is key, and if I gouge them for a few dollars, they most certainly will not be there for me later, whether they're still in existence or not.

I've haggled for hours buying a car and days buying a house, because a slight discount in those stratospheric price ranges does indeed make a big difference in my pocketbook. But my life will not start or stop if I save a coupla bucks on a flashlight.

JMHO!

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Troy Webber:
Personally,I don't think my being a member of an online board should entitle me to a discount.
If one of the retailers you mentioned provides me with a good price and good sevice and I give them a good writeup-I don't want anything back in exchange.The companies reward for that service and good pricing is the increased business they get.Why should he be required to kick any back to me?I guess thats just how I see it.

Originally posted by MR Bulk:
Naw, no discount needed. Anyone who's ever tried to run a business in an already-competitve market with already-slim profit margins like flashlights will know that dealers are stretched thin just to survive.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I agree with Mr. Bulk and Troy. HOWEVER, I would like to see:

1. CPF financial support from vendors and flashlight manufactures.

2. Group buys organized by vendors.

I think the first suggestion is self evident. Vendors could donate .25 cents or .50 cents for each order that the buyer mentions that he or she is a CPF member.

Post the monthy donations by vendor.

GROUP BUYS!

Some of these flashlights are expensive, and I would love to see a group buy, at a large discount, for one light offered at a time.

EVEN if the price is soo low, that the vendor could not post the price, but has to say "call for the price"

Let's say that SureStream (I made the name up, can you tell?) has a cool light, the M3-XL (Can yall guess how I came up with that name?) and the retail price is 195.00, and the advertised price at online vendors is 137.00.

If an online vendor offerd a deal, say if he could get 50 or more pre-orders for this light, he could order it in bulk, (and possibly get a bigger discount on his total order from SureStream) he could sell the light for like 85.00.

I would go for that!

(and I believe that ARC has already supported this DB with the sale of his brass AAA's)

Darell

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Sasha:

Are you implying that I can't get a discount without my whip? I don't need no stinkin' whip to get a discount...
eyelashes.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey, Sasha -

Don't feel bad - I use my irresistable sex appeal to garner preferential treatment all the time.

Whistler

Enlightened
Darell and Sasha, in case this conversation is private I hope you don't mind that I interfere with it:
Darell
Hey, Sasha -

Don't feel bad - I use my irresistable sex appeal to garner preferential treatment all the time.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Darell, do you ask for discount before or after you went to the dentist
wink.gif
?

DARRELTOOTH.jpg

Sorry Darell, I couldn't resist
wink.gif
. But it's probably not the last time it will show up
rolleyes.gif
icon15.gif

Glow Bug

Enlightened
Originally posted by darell:

Don't feel bad - I use my irresistable sex appeal to garner preferential treatment all the time.[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I know what ya mean ya little cutie! Alright CPFers...Lets control ourselves.
grin.gif

DARELLGIRL.jpg

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Oh man, my gut hurts!!!! :) Dang, I'm glad he was wearing clothes when I saw him!

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darell,
Someone once told me you were a 2D, but I thought they ment your Mag Light. Now I see you're much larger. TX

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh my God, my eyes are burnt forever....can't get images out of memory......Ahhhh...
icon15.gif

Latest posts