Best 9V NiMH charger?

mdarby

Newly Enlightened
What would you recommend for a 9V NiMH charger? If if also handled AA/AAA and had an auto-adapter, that would be a plus. I would like it to be "smart" so that I had confidence I was getting the most the batteries could offer.

THANKS.
Michael

bcwang

Enlightened
I've tried a few and this is my favorite one, the Maha MH-C490F 4 bank smart charger. This one can charge 7.2v, 8.4v, and 9.6v cells which some of the other ones can't. It also does so pretty quickly.

Also, of the 9v cells I've tried, only the Maha ones are still running for me. My plainviews don't work anymore, with a relatively short life. My ipowerus instant burst also sucked pretty bad. One was unable to charge on arrival. It's replacement worked but got worse and worse pretty fast. Now, all 3 of them that I have are detected as bad on my charger and won't charge. It's been less than a year. The 2 maha 9.6v which I got at the same time is still working great, with much better capacity (runtime at least) than any of my other cells, and have never failed to charge.

Bright Scouter

Enlightened
I'll second that recommendation! It's what I have and works well. I charge a lot of 9v batteries for paintball. And this one can charge them quick enough for reuse the same day.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might want to look at the Vanson BC1HU. It goes for about $25 and will charge all the common varieties of batteries AAA to D and 9V. You're also fortunate to have two dealers locally that sell it. Amondtech is mail-order only but you can order it through their web site. Tenergy (operating under the all-battery.com web site) also carries this charger, and if you happen to be in the neighborhood, you can pick it up at their offices and avoid the shipping charges. As a matter of fact, you don't even have to place an order for a will-call, they just tell you to come in and tell them what you want. (They're on Kifer just down the street from the Costco on Lawrence)

mdarby said:
What would you recommend for a 9V NiMH charger? If if also handled AA/AAA and had an auto-adapter, that would be a plus. I would like it to be "smart" so that I had confidence I was getting the most the batteries could offer.

THANKS.
Michael

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Brighteyes,

I was also going to suggest the BC1HU, however, the 9V charging on it is a timed charged. The Maha actually uses a negative delta V algorithm which makes it "smarter..."

Tom

mdarby

Newly Enlightened
Brighteyez said:
You might want to look at the Vanson BC1HU. It goes for about $25 and will charge all the common varieties of batteries AAA to D and 9V. You're also fortunate to have two dealers locally that sell it. Amondtech is mail-order only but you can order it through their web site. Tenergy (operating under the all-battery.com web site) also carries this charger, and if you happen to be in the neighborhood, you can pick it up at their offices and avoid the shipping charges. As a matter of fact, you don't even have to place an order for a will-call, they just tell you to come in and tell them what you want. (They're on Kifer just down the street from the Costco on Lawrence)

Thanks for recommendation and the info on Amondotech and Tenergy. I've ordered from Amondotech but like the option of picking it up live!

Do you know if the Vanson can accept a 12V auto adapter?