G2 and E2E/D

iholla

Newly Enlightened
Quick question that I could not find!

Just bought me a G2 and its a very nice light compared to my cheapo lights I have always had.

Now between the G2 and say the E2E or D is there much differance in light output? Just reading about them I would say no, but.......

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unless they're side by side, you dont notice much, though the G2 has a slightly more powerful punch (more focused)

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
What Garageboy said. If you place both next to eachother, the G2 is brighter overall. But otherwise, you won't notice a difference. The E2e/d is much smaller/slimmer and easier to carry tho. Regardless of which you get, you'll likely get sucked into the variations you can create with either one and purchase way more SF products than you planned. The E2e/d can fit various LED heads, but with a E2C adapter, will fit C-series (equivalent to G, M2, and P series) heads. And with an additional Leefdapter C2M, you'll fit super large heads onto a teeny weeny E-body...looks funny, but cool IMO. Anyways, you get the point...lotsa toys.

iamerror

Enlightened
The outputs on the G2 and E2E are similar in brightness. In my experience, the E2E puts out light that is slightly whiter than the G2's light (I am not sure if this is typical). The E2E also has slightly wider spill, but a smaller hotspot. Lately I have been using the low output assembly on the E2E and like it.

wmirag

Enlightened
I like the color and beam shape of the E2 series better than the G2 series. And the E2 is rated to run longer to 50%. One thing: you better really want the E2D for it's defensive characteristics because those crenelated bezels are tough on pockets. The other E2 model looks "nice" and probably carries easier.

W.

stockae92

Enlightened
wmirag said:
I like the color and beam shape of the E2 series better than the G2 series. And the E2 is rated to run longer to 50%.

so it takes E2 longer to drop to 50% relative to G2?

wmirag

Enlightened
stockae92 said:
so it takes E2 longer to drop to 50% relative to G2?

SureFire says the G2 gives 65 lumens max for 60 minutes.
And they say the E2D gives 60 lumens max for 1.25 hours (75 minutes).
I understand that they rate to 50% output.

I have never seen an outpu vs time curve of each, but that would be nice to have.

W.