webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
try this out

http://www.ratemykitten.com/
wink.gif

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
webley445 asked "Any cat lovers?"

Why yes, Hershy my 100 lb dog just loves them to death........

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Originally posted by lambda:
webley445 asked "Any cat lovers?"

Why yes, Hershy my 100 lb dog just loves them to death........
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">hopefully not my kitty cause then you'd have a dead dog and a lawsuit. haha.
(I'll delete mine if you delete yours)

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, while she pretends to be the barking cat eating demon from hell, when my son brought home a kitten a few years ago, she adapoted it on sight. Funny to see the 'beast' getting mauled by a 12 oz kitten, and they always slept together.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

so why even "joke" about grisly feline murder when someone posts about kitty love, Lambda?

Empath

Flashaholic
It may seem a little short fused, but I've little regard for discussing the deaths of people's pets as if it's a delight. I've even known a LEO that claims he "used to" love deliberately running over cats. Had I any real evidence, he would not have continued his profession, since Oregon considers such animal abuse a felony.

There are some that let an abnormal hatred for one type of animal or another blind them to their irrational acts. What they can't seem to consider is the cruel act of injuring or killing the animal they hate is not just an act directed at an animal they dislike. It is a crime also against the people that have developed love and a relationship with their pets. The delight and companionship they experienced with their pets is destroyed by some short sighted criminal that can't see beyond their own irrational hatreds. Men, women and children are often devastated with grief, sometimes spending days crying and worrying over a small little special creature that has become a part of their family.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by SCOTT THE BADGER:
I had a Norwegian Forest Cat for 18 years, and 2 1/2 years after he died, I still miss him very much.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I know how 'ya feel guy-my Siamese pal just died. He was old enough to buy booze in my state. He was with me since 1978. Truly a good friend.

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
I have two of the fuzzballs

For those of you who don't know it, there is a serious link between certain cat vaccines and a form of cancer called "Vaccine Associated Sarcoma" - Not good. Make sure you ask you vet - they have changed the way your cat is supposed to be vaccinated (Change of protocol)- for instance NO vaccine should go in the scruff of the neck - they all go as distally as possible in the rear legs

I've learned all about this horrid, almost universally fatal cancer since Tuxedo (My younger cat) was diagnosed in April - 2 major surgeries since then

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
I feel your pain, Scott. My family has had a cat for nearly 20 years, Smokey Bear, and he recently died. He was a good ol' boy.
frown.gif

Kirk

Enlightened
The family has 2 Bengals (a cross between an Asian Leopard cat and a regular old short-hair house cat)--a striped one and one that's got "rosettes" or ring-shaped spots. Very interesting looking and playful. Here is the breeder we got ours from:

http://www.bengalcat.com/gallery/millwood/

These "replaced" 2 Abysinnian cats that we had for 11 and 16 years. Boy, that was rough when they passed on. The house was so empty without those little buggers running around.
Kirk

Kirk

Enlightened
Hey Whistler!
Is that a real cat or is it one o' them artificial cats that you can pose into any position you want just for "ambiance"? I can just see you and the wife trying to decide if the cat looks better over here on the sofa or over there on the window sill!
wink.gif

Kirk

Empath

Flashaholic
My cat, Rom, is 18 and a half years old. He's still very much active, although he has taken up the habit of sitting and staring at you in hopes that you'll pick him up and put him on your lap instead of him having to maneuver the jump. His partner, Merlin, made it to 12 years. His absence will be felt for some time.

I posted this once: Cats and Laser Pointers
Cats and laser pointers can be a lot of fun.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed that in all those photos above, the cats are engaged in the one thing they do famously best: sleeping
tongue.gif
grin.gif

Gandalf

Enlightened
For the cat lovers who make use of the USENET, there's a very good group at

rec.cats.pets.anecdotes

As a long time cat lover, I like to spend some time there. Very nice people in the group, from all over the world.

My cat can be sen at:

http://thecatalbum4.homestead.com/0779.html

I asked people in the RPCA group for moral support for Craig, and received a lot of responses.
cool.gif