Lot's of Fenix Ti's for sale

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been several for sale lately, I wonder if it's Cree fever? Thought's anyone?
I'd of thought a 200 unit light would be keeper's. Oh well, what do I know?:huh2:

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
It may not be everyones kind of light. I know most people that I have heard of selling it were just not happy with the function of it. I still think they are great personally but I love the LOP SE that I have and this is a step up from that.

InfidelCastro

Banned
I don't know how anyone could like the functioning of these goofy twist this way twist that way twist twist twist lights.

I can understand a person's like for a regular twisty light for reliability's sake. It's not my cup of tea, but I can understand it...

But I don't understand these things.

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
chevrofreak said:
A lot of people on CPF get in on limited edition items with the intent of selling them for a profit later down the line.

that really sucks.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
InfidelCastro said:
I don't know how anyone could like the functioning of these goofy twist this way twist that way twist twist twist lights.

I can understand a person's like for a regular twisty light for reliability's sake. It's not my cup of tea, but I can understand it...

But I don't understand these things.

Depends if you are going to use it or play with it. If you are using it on a keyring, the medium setting is ideal for most things. You are only going to use low for the rare time you need a long run such as reading in bed. I suspect that the medium is bright enough that you would rarely need to use the high setting other than to show people " look how bright it is.." The half a second it takes to twist on and off a couple of times is hardly a strain. I'm not quite sure why people keep winging about it. Don't like it, don't buy it.

And as for the S.O.S. mode being slow on the other Fenix lights. I'd rather have an SOS that lasts two nights than one where the cells go flat after an hour. If you can see them looking for you, put it on high and wave it. If you can't, leave it on SOS and if you pass out and they come by 8 hours later at least it will still be going.

Fenix, I like the twisty and the settings. Don't change them.

InfidelCastro

Banned
I don't want to take a college course to figure out how to use my flashlight.

Nor do I want to remember this stuff when I really need it.

It's not very fast either, going through this stuff.

I'm a legend in my own mind, so if it's not uber-tactical ninja quick to come into play, it's not so good in my mind's eye..

Robban

Enlightened
InfidelCastro said:

I'm a legend in my own mind, so if it's not uber-tactical ninja quick to come into play, it's not so good in my mind's eye..
All you have to do is twist it on and off a couple of times to get to high for example. Don't need high? Just twist it on. It's no more complicated than something like a Streamlight Twin Task, the only difference is two clicks vs. two twists. This isn't rocket science as the saying goes.

I really don't understand why everyone is getting so worked up about this interface.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
InfidelCastro said:

It's neither difficult nor slow to do. It's not hard to remember how to get to the mode you want either.

Fenix made an excellent choice putting Medium as the starting brightness since it will be the one that gets used the most.

mchlwise

Enlightened
InfidelCastro said:

It might sound complicated from some of the descriptions, but in practice it's really quite QUITE simple.

The L0Pse is even simpler because of fewer modes (no strobe or s.o.s.), but it's really not complicated at all.

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
InfidelCastro said:

My only curiosity is when the last time is that you saw a ninja that was not 'uber-tactical'? I would think that is just something that went without saying...

InfidelCastro

Banned
Thujone said:
My only curiosity is when the last time is that you saw a ninja that was not 'uber-tactical'? I would think that is just something that went without saying...

I guess this is true!! :D

Henceforth I shall just use the term "ninja".

Frank_Zuccarini

Newly Enlightened
I have no intention of selling mine.

It is a truly wonderful light. Well thought out and executed. Twisiting the cap to adjust output (after starting out at "medium") is brilliant, and extremely easy and intuitive to use.

I LOVE my L0-Ti.

Frank

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened
InfidelCastro said:

----------------------------------------

+10!

InfidelCastro's humorous opinion here actually reflects considerable Street-Smart wisdom.

While the Fenix Ti isn't necessarily designed for use in harsh/high-stress environments, its nifty multi-level "twist-to-do-this-or-that" feature still flies in the face of that great, time-tested military principle: KISS. "Keep It Simple, Stupid."

Of course, there's nothing "wrong" with a light with multiple clever features. We appreciate this stuff to varying degrees. However, the novelty of these features may only last until the next techno-trend hits... or until the techno-whiz-bang light breaks down under user-induced repeated stress that tests fundamental product durability... or catastrophic, "all-thumbs" adrenalized (i.e., rough) stress... at the wrong time.

And THAT is when the enduring beauty of KISS-designed classic lights/tools/instruments/weapons shines bright.

Benefits vs. Risks. One man's wonder-toy is another man's junk. YMMV.

As Hemingway once wrote: "There is no on truth. It is ALL true."

Buffalohump

Enlightened
My most complicated light is my HDS42XR. I wouldn't want anything more complicated than that (it took me a while but I have mastered the 4 levels). I always carry two lights on me - one with brightness and reach, and one with good runtime. In the handgun fraternity, the saying goes: "the quickest reload is a second gun". KISS is a vital when functioning under stress.

Last edited: