huntlight + XR-E ?

taschenlampe

Enlightened
I dont want to produce a new cree XR-E hype … but … what do you think about that(scroll down to the 2nd big picture)

Tom

lexina

Enlightened
Interesting. I have been waiting for a Cree that can take 18650s.

x2x3x2

Banned
Since someone already posted it, yes its true according to a Huntlight rep.
FT-01 with XR-E, 130+ lumens, 5 level brightness.
Price TBA.

martonic

Enlightened
x2x3x2 said:
Price TBA.

I wrote the dealer who posted that picture and he is expecting the light to be released this month - wow. Cree madness is spreading quickly!

diesel_dad

Newly Enlightened
Got the following response from Huntlight tonight:
[font=宋体][/font]
Yes,This FT01XSE Cree XR-E P4 edition flashlight will available at 15th,Dec.

We will shipping to dealers at 15th

So it appears to be true. Apparently JSBurlys will be carrying it among others. Can't wait!

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's this Friday! Sweet! Hopefully, JSB will have them for sale really soon after that and let us know right away. I'll definitely buy one.

daveman

Enlightened
Didn't get a look at the reflector, but if the overall dimension of the head remains the same as the Luxeon FT-01, then the Cree FT-01 would probably be a flood light, correct? If so, I suppose it really will be a U2 slayer... for now.

D MacAlpine

Newly Enlightened
x2x3x2 said:
Price TBA.

I don't suppose there's any chance of them developing a "normal" clickie too???

100+ lumens for about 3 hours from an 18650? I can't wait to see the reviews on this one!

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
:):grin2::)

This is the excellent news I've been waiting for .

If the overall dimension of the head remains the same as the Luxeon FT-01 ............

Then for those of us who already have the FT-01 light ........

I am hoping they will offer an upgrade/interchangeable LA (lamp assembly) comprised of the XR-E/ & reflector ..... that we can just exchange with the Luxeon LA that we already have in the light .

I see no reason for having to buy the entire light just to get the XR-E emitter advantage . They need to be kind to us who have already supported them by buying their original FT-01 light .

If the head has to be a little longer for focusing of the XR-E ... thats O.K. , just make available a whole new Head/XR-E/ & reflector , that will screw onto our existing lights .

For those that wouldn't mind paying for the whole new light (if they feel the need tor two) , thats great , but offering a reasonably priced upgrade LA to their previous supporters would be a great gesture of appreciation to us .

I am hoping that our member/Huntlight rep. ... Mr. Jon Burlison will approach the Huntlight Organization with this suggestion ....... if that's not what Huntlight intends to do initially with this XR-E new release .

I hope you can put in a good word for us , Jon , if you're reading this .

I am very excited about this announcment by Huntlight of the XR-E addition , and I for sure intend to up-grade .

I hope Huntlight designers/developers did just a little bit better than Fenix in their creation of the XR-E light ..... and that it won't have a *Ring of Doom* in the beam .

My thanks to Huntlight .... and to Jon B. - who strives to bring us quality products ... with excellent service ..... Yeeeaaah Jon . (and he stands behind his stuff .....IMHO)

Just more thoughts from ............... TooManyGizmos/:grin2:

Not always right ..................... but trying to be .... :huh: .... Cheers to ALL !

x2x3x2

Banned
thats what the sales rep said to me, 5 levels so... i would guess yes. i did ask about the price but she said not yet set :p