Poor poor uninformed people...

Saaby

Flashaholic
Wednesday I was in my Stage Crew class. I was basically just kidding time as I couldn't do anything on the project I am working on. Saw a flashlight sitting on the piano--knockoff of the Eveready 2 piece light, you know, the one that comes with "heavy duty" batteries.

So anyway I pick it up and start playing with it to humor myself. Every heave upward on the poorly designed switch beings a smug grin to my face
tongue.gif
as I observe the sorry excuse for light that spills out the front (IE there was no throw).

SO anyway after 3 or so minutes of this an older, and therefore "smarter"
rolleyes.gif
member of the crew yells at me, "Hey! Don't play with that! We might need it some time."

I almost fell off the stage laughing. Wanted to shine my SLS in his eye or something but it's kinda dark in the auditorium and I'm just not that mean I guess.
cool.gif

"Might need it some time" he he he....

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't you just hate that? If having a light just in case is so important than why don't they have some thought in their preparation? Atypical view on flashlights, have one in case you need it, but if it doesn't get used all the time just soem cheapo kept lying around will work. Or maybe they want something with low output so as not to cause a distraction if used during a performance? Either way, another opportunity to impress the masses by whipping out a nice smooth warm beam when the need arises because you had enough forethought to carry something efficient "just in case...".
winkie.jpg

Saaby

Flashaholic
2 somethings actually
grin.gif

I was a bit irritated with him though (Like I said--older and therefore "smarter") so I didn't care to share my superior lighting product(s).