Wicked Lasers in MAXIM!!!

Enigmahack

Newly Enlightened
Interesting read - My g/f picked up Maxim tonight and is trying to convince me we need a subscription. I guess that can't be a bad thing ;-)

Anyway, as I was flipping through, I saw an ad for Wicked Lasers Spyder... here's what it says:

"Like Dr.Evil, all of us have longed to one day see sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads. Then bring in the fish, because we've found the headgear. Wicked Lasers makes the world's most powerful lasers, with creations that can melt plastic, light cigars, and hit a mark up to 100 miles away. PowerPorint presentations just got a lot more dangerous."

So it's definitely inaccurate, CO2 lasers are WAY more powerful but maybe it's referring to "publically available"

At any rate, it has a picture of the spyder sitting there pointing up to the top of the mag.

Anyway, thought that I'd toss that into the forum :)

(december 2006, page 018, from the "flip side" with Borat on the front!)

bootleg2go

Enlightened
Enigmahack said:
Interesting read - My g/f picked up Maxim tonight and is trying to convince me we need a subscription. I guess that can't be a bad thing ;-)

Anyway, as I was flipping through, I saw an ad for Wicked Lasers Spyder... here's what it says:

"Like Dr.Evil, all of us have longed to one day see sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads. Then bring in the fish, because we've found the headgear. Wicked Lasers makes the world's most powerful lasers, with creations that can melt plastic, light cigars, and hit a mark up to 100 miles away. PowerPorint presentations just got a lot more dangerous."

So it's definitely inaccurate, CO2 lasers are WAY more powerful but maybe it's referring to "publically available"

At any rate, it has a picture of the spyder sitting there pointing up to the top of the mag.

Anyway, thought that I'd toss that into the forum :)

(december 2006, page 018, from the "flip side" with Borat on the front!)

Man talk about stretching the truth.
First you have to be about 6000 ft. above the surrounding ground level, but I suppose it would'nt be too hard to hit the mark, since the typical Spyder divergence is 1.4mrad, you would have a beam 224 meters in diameter to hit it with.

v8440

Newly Enlightened
Enigmahack said:
Wicked Lasers makes the world's most powerful lasers

Wow, I had no idea that they make lasers more powerful than those used in fusion experiments. Those peak well up into the trillions of watts. Geez, all that time I thought those were really powerful. Heck, I'd have even thought my 40 watt CO2 was stronger than one of their laser pens.

It's nice when there's at least SOME semblence of reality in an article. Unfortunately, that is not the case here.