When you die who gets your lights?

alanagnostic

Enlightened
I was just thinking about who will get my lights when I die. My girlfriend and family wouldn't enjoy or respect most of my lights enough to really be worthy of them. I have thought of putting some of my ashes into one of my favorite lights and having someone drop it into the ocean. I've also thought about donating my lights to members on this forum if it is even still around when I die. Has anyone else thought about this or am I just morbid? By the way don't bother with the "send me your lights now before you die" responses...I'm hopefully a long way from death. My lights are some of my most prized possessions.

greenLED

Flashaholic
I'm not sure... but I do know that I'm getting Beamhead's rubbery Aleph. On second thought, make that his entire collection. :nana:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I'll say this and anyone who has been to auctions will probably agree with me. I've watched peoples lives sold for pennies on the dollar (if that!). It's sad, but our personal possessions aren't worth squat to others.

I've purchased auction lots out of storage units that had folks lives in boxes - pics of them growing up, marriages, kids, military service records & medals, & other personal memorabilia of their lives (as well as their can openers, knives, tools, clothing, etc...)

Well I don't do that anymore, really don't have the disposable income to "play" with today. However, if any of you have lights or anything else that matters to you, then you should make those plans on where they will end up. Hopefully family or friends. If they don't end up with family or friends - at least find someone who could try and recoup a decent value back to your family...

Maybe we need to set up "CPF Estate Sales"? :D

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think i will either give some of my lights to my family members that will use them or donate them to a moderator so they can be sold here on cpf to keep this place up and running.

i have wonderd about this before but then i think well most likely before i die cpf will be long gone and the flashlight craze will stop, but you never know

alanagnostic

Enlightened
I didn't realize there was a flashlight craze going on.:lolsign: It wasn't on CNN or Fox News. I better start reading the newspaper again.:laughing:

SCblur

Enlightened
If you don't mind my saying so, this has to be one of the more peculiar threads i've seen in a while. But what the heck, I'll play along. My wife doesn't know exactly how much all of my lights cost me, but she's aware enough to know she could probably recoup a small fortune from listing them on eBay. That'd probably be for the best, since she, nor anybody else I know personally gets any enjoyment out of lights as I do.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you kidding? I'm bringing mine with me! I'll still need lights, even after a little thing like that.

Macaw

Enlightened
My attitude is like - the dead don't give a @$%^.
Realistically, mine will likely be distributed to people who will, once they see the price of CR123A cells, probably throw the flashlight in a drawer to be forgotten.

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to give them to family but maybe I won't like them in my old age? :)

I also think donating them here would be a great idea but will it still be around when I pass away?

CQB

Enlightened
well i guess we all gotta face our mortality sooner or later. :)

if i go before my wife, I know she will try to pass the "appreciation" for flashlights to our child(ren). They would get to pick whichever they want from my collection. Then the remainders would be given to my brothers (law enforcement/security).

Kinda sad thinking about this. Hoping wherever I end up I wont need a light... :)

PAB

Enlightened
I may not know where I am, but I'm not lost
When I get married my wife will get them. My fiancee knows how much my lights mean to me and I know she would keep them because they remind her of me. At least the ones I EDC. My mother still has my father's stuff years after he died. It's not any use to her, but it reminds her of my father.

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pass em down the family tree. Someday our high tech lights will be "vintage". (Year 2050 post: just found on of my old cree xre lights from 2007, fired it up and can't believe how dim it is!)

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I imagine my son will end up with all my junk, but I do intend to carry at least one light into the afterlife. You never know.

Geoff

firefly99

Enlightened
My 14 months son is already showing potential to be a flashalohic.

He like playing with my SF E1E+KL1 and E2D. One of the first word he pronunce is "LIGHTS" while pointing at the ceiling lights or my flashlights.

Guess he will get all my stuffs including SF lights.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
ohh man!!

I don't know. I have so many that I know they wold have to make a stonge effort just to get rid of them all.

Scary to think about!!!