Surefire Anodising Colour?

Hellz

Newly Enlightened
Morning all,

I recently got a new (replacement) KL4 unit back from Surefire, and a McClicky tailcap from Lighthound (although I've not had a chance to try it out yet as it's a present). These two items are going to live on my old E2e body... Which seems to be a completely different colour from the two newer items.

The old E2e body is lighter and 'greener' than the newer items which have a grey/green colour. Did Surefire change their process? The KL4 and McClicky match nicely, it's just the body that looks odd... :rolleyes:

Are the Grey/Green bodies available seperately? :D

Thanks
Patrick

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
it is hard to have the same colour for HA unless you dye it with colour.

it is normal and surefire didn't change the process.

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
When the one light you have doesn't match on every single piece its a long shot for them to match between different lights. :)

My L2 is kind of like a camo design all five pieces are different colours. But I like it!

David_Web

Newly Enlightened
chesterqw said:
it is normal and surefire didn't change the process.
How come all the current surefires have this gray look to them and all older one look more like olive?
They sure changed something. This is not normal HA mismatch.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed that my new E1L is a darker grey anodize vs. my L5 and M2. I'd go so far as to say it is pretty close to grey, and not OD green. For example, the grey tailcap from my A19 is a very close match to the E1L!

I've seen many color gradations on my Surefires. For example, on my former KL5 there were shades of OD green, lighter green, and even turquoise (!).

Sable

Enlightened
Every part of my L1 (head, tube and bezel) are noticibly different colours.

I don't mind. Honestly, it's kind of neat.

Danbo

Enlightened
It's normal. My new Surefire L5 Lumamax has a completely different green colored head than the body. Doesn't really bother me at all.