any flashlight stores in NYC or 5 boros sell surefire kl4 head?

bxstylez

Enlightened
any flashlight stores in NYC or 5 boros sell surefire kl4 head?

i've read somewhere that ny ironworks sell the surefire l4 light...
and after visiting their site, they sell at msrp, $165

i would get it if they dont charge tax :naughty:

so back to the original questions, any flashlight stores in NYC or 5 boros sell surefire kl4 head?

carrot

Flashaholic
I would find it preferable to order the KL4, or even a whole L4, from OpticsHQ, where the L4 sells for $135 or so.

carrot

Flashaholic
There are two discounts offered by OpticsHQ to CPF members. The first is a "membership" to OpticsHQ for $5 (and then there's a coupon code to make that free) and the second is the CPF 5% discount. The membership offers something around a 20% discount, which you see only when you login.

See the link to "greenLED's CPF Specials" in my signature for details.

grnamin

Enlightened
Try Paragon Sporting Goods on 18th and Broadway. I think getting it online via our contributing dealers here is a better deal, though. :) If you absolutely have to have it yesterday, then by all means... :D

carrot

Flashaholic
Paragon is a great place to visit. Lots of great stuff, not just lights, but knives and other gear. They also sell some custom knives but I've never taken a close look at those.

There's also Iceberg Army-Navy in SOHO; they sell Surefires and the guy there is pretty knowledgeable...

grnamin

Enlightened
carrot said:
Paragon is a great place to visit. Lots of great stuff, not just lights, but knives and other gear. They also sell some custom knives but I've never taken a close look at those.

There's also Iceberg Army-Navy in SOHO; they sell Surefires and the guy there is pretty knowledgeable...

Just prepare for sticker shock if you go to Iceberg. They sell well above even Surefire's website prices. That puzzles me because they are an authorized SF dealership. I was under the impression that authorized dealers weren't supposed to sell below (or above?) Surefire's pricelist. I guess I'm mistaken.

GadgetTravel

Enlightened
Ive gotten a number of lights, as well as a Benchmade Mini-Grip at Paragon. They have a decent selection of Surefires and sell at a little bit below list in most cases. I think I bought a KL4 head there in fact. I know I have bought a couple of A2s there. They have a very big selection of custom knives, many costing thousands of dollars for those that are interested as well as a decent selection of knives from Benchmade, SOG, Spyderco and such.

NAW

Enlightened
grnamin said:
Just prepare for sticker shock if you go to Iceberg. They sell well above even Surefire's website prices. That puzzles me because they are an authorized SF dealership. I was under the impression that authorized dealers weren't supposed to sell below (or above?) Surefire's pricelist. I guess I'm mistaken.

I don't know about the rest of the SF dealers out there but a SF dealer in my area sells there products below Surefire's website price.

I bought a 6P for $46 and a U2 for $236 from my local dealer. :)

If you want to find a dealer in you're area then all you have to do is go to the Surefire website and type in your zipcode.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
carrot said:
..... There's also Iceberg Army-Navy in SOHO; they sell Surefires and the guy there is pretty knowledgeable...

I can vouch for that. Rich is very knowledgeable. So is the young Asian man who sometimes works the counter. Intelligent, friendly, and helpful. Best to go there first before hitting Paragon.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
GarageBoy said:
Hey Monocrom, when did you go to Iceberg?

Last visit was last Thurs. about an hour after they opened. I bought a Speed Holster for one of my G2s. The girl behind the counter was helping another customer with an E2d. He wanted to buy it, but the poor thing didn't see any new ones on the bottom rack. I helped her out. Don't mean to toot my own horn. :sssh:

Were you the guy buying the E2d?

Before that, I stopped by the previous Sunday just before 3pm.

BTW, the Speed Holster fits the G2 model better than the 6P.

bxstylez

Enlightened
tazambo said:
An L4 from OpticsHQ is $127.25
Regards
Dave

i got mines for $133.95 (cpf discount) from opticshq just last week thursday, 12/14/06 -free usps priority shipping

tazambo:
how do u get yours for $127.25?

bxstylez

Enlightened
GarageBoy said:
Yea, I work at Iceberg, sticker shock doesn't begin to describe it..

GarageBoy:

care to give your fellow cpf NY'ers some employee discount? :naughty:

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
NAW said:
I don't know about the rest of the SF dealers out there but a SF dealer in my area sells there products below Surefire's website price.

I bought a 6P for $46 and a U2 for $236 from my local dealer. :)

If you want to find a dealer in you're area then all you have to do is go to the Surefire website and type in your zipcode.
same here i got my u2 for 187.00 and they got an L4 for 112.00 and i got my a2 for 125.00 i think. but the funny thing is if i type in my local area code it doesnt show up. so yes i would check a local dealer first. oh and if you are good freinds as wich i am you can order just about anything you want even my sw02 wonder how much is going to cost?:whistle:

Latest posts