The One Ring

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
...lines of fire that seemed to form the letters of a flowing script. They shone piercingly bright...

I am a Tolkien fan, and have seen various models of The Ring Of Power on the internet. I was just wondering if it would be possible to make one with a luminescent gas tube in the middle...kinda like the technology used in the luminox? (i have a luminox and they are very nice.)

This is just another one of those wierd thoughts that pop in my head, and is probably in the wrong place
rolleyes.gif

*edit* red glow

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would be neat-

It is of course POSSIBLE. But not practical, I think; anything "reasonably priced" would be very chintzy looking. To make one of quality would be quite expensive...

If they made glow rings that were actually rings, that would be a good base--- The most practical way to get a glow ring inside of a metal ring would be to electroform it.

IF I had a glow ring that was an actual ring of the correct size, I could literally "grow" the gold around it, but it would take a master engraver to cut the script through without damaging the glow ring.... or maybe it could be done with a CNC laser????

All I know for sure is that I'd have a better chance of making a Ring with glowing script using magick than I would cutting the script by hand.
wink.gif

Light-Headed

Enlightened
Hey guys,

I believe that picture is just a funky effect of the naturally occuring Aeroara Borealis (spelling?). Earths natural light show.
grin.gif

d'mo

Enlightened
The last time I say the "northern lights" I wanted to go from door to door waking people up at 3am to see it. Fantastic stuff.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
hey whistler, how much tolkien have you read? i have read the hobbit, lotr, the silm, unfinished tales, bolt 1, farmer giles of ham, roverandom, sir gawain & the green night, and the adventures of tom bombadil.

Witsend did it with PhotoShop
grin.gif

*edit* just finished the download, that is nice whistler. do u play a lot?

Whistler

Enlightened
I haven't read all books you have.
rolleyes.gif

But have you read the book 'Sir Gawain and the red day'
icon15.gif
(alright, bad joke, night/knight). But since English isn't my native language every book counts double
yellowlaugh.gif
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif

Do I play a lot
yellowlaugh.gif
? Haven't you seen my name
grin.gif
?! WHISTLER .

See my Whistle page...

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
hmmm, never heard of a whistle so it wasn't as obvious. but wow, all of the time that i have been on cpf, i thought that image in between the arcs were streamlight stylus'...........:rollseyes:

Whistler

Enlightened
Nice to have other Tolkien fans here! I already saw it by looking at the names...

Here a little surprise: LISTEN

Played by me
rolleyes.gif
, seen I have bad recording equipment the quality is not the same as the original..

Sorry for leaving the subject...

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Whistler:

Palyed by me
rolleyes.gif
, seen I have bad recording equipment the quality is not the same as the original.....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Am I to understand that you are the musician on that?

If so, Very nice!