More competition for Arc?

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Valpo, it is a AAA, with a U-bin LED.
smile.gif

Too shiney and smooth for my taste though.

CFU

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh. :ohgeez: See what happens when you assume? My bad. It appears to be pretty tough, but for me it doesn't give that same rugged look as the HA III of the Arc. Purely personal preference, though.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really don't see that as competition for the ARC. For starters it is $20 more and doesn't have HA either.
I don't think it would even matter anyway because the ARC groupies will still buy the AAAP regardless if something else has been released that has better performance, will be more reliable and cost less than half the price (ex. EO).

prof

Enlightened
adirondackdestroyer said:
I really don't see that as competition for the ARC. For starters it is $20 more and doesn't have HA either.
I don't think it would even matter anyway because the ARC groupies will still buy the AAAP regardless if something else has been released that has better performance, will be more reliable and cost less than half the price (ex. EO).

and the fenix fanatics will keep buying lights with soft finishes, commenting that they (1) like beat-up looking lights and (2) can always buy a new one...ROFL. Personally I'm just glad we have lots of choices. That's what makes this a fun hobby.

:touche:

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't see Arc as having any competition.

Thats not literally true, of course, but for many of us (me), we are pretty much going to buy one or four of anything that Arc produces, irrespective of what the competition is doing.

Fenix and others are blowing Arc away if the sole measure is the number of models produced and the speed of bringing them to market. But for Arcophiles, thats not how we measure the competition. Peter makes something, and we buy it.

cheers

ScottyJ

Enlightened
powernoodle said:
I don't see Arc as having any competition.

Thats not literally true, of course, but for many of us (me), we are pretty much going to buy one or four of anything that Arc produces, irrespective of what the competition is doing.

Fenix and others are blowing Arc away if the sole measure is the number of models produced and the speed of bringing them to market. But for Arcophiles, thats not how we measure the competition. Peter makes something, and we buy it.

cheers

LOL how true it is. Bring on the ARCs!

amanichen

Enlightened
adirondackdestroyer said:
...doesn't have HA either.
What's the point in anodizing stainless steel?

This is very true, even moreso because of the multitude of AAA offerings from Fenix.

prof

Enlightened
you guys are too funny.

I guess if surefire makes a light that runs through a set of batteries in under an hour, overheats, has tons of switch problems, and produces a beam with a dark spot in the center, we'd all rush out and spend $300 each on them...

oh, wait! oops.

Anyway, I still prefer my arc to any other 5mm led-based light I've seen. It will still be working when fenix is being raised from the ashes...pun intended.

Actually I have nothing against fenix at all--seem to be good lights for good prices. I just prefer the arc for my personal uses. As I said before, I'm just glad we have choices--else we'd all be carrying solitaires...

Merry Christmas

Latest posts