Fenix manufacturers the P1D CE???

Boomerang

Newly Enlightened
I don't see it on their website!

It occurs to me that it would be on the website with the proper label.

This is a P1D moded by 4/27 and others, right???

That explains the 6 month limited warranty by the webtailers?!?

It ain't a Fenix P1D CE until it's carved into the case. Imho,

Andy

cdosrun

Enlightened
Hi Andy,

no, the CE edition is straight from Fenix as a production light, it is not modified. Fenix don't seem to be especially quick at putting the new models on their website.

There isn't a 6 month warranty on it either, if you have a look at David Chow's (4-7s) site http://fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_51&products_id=171 he provides the normal limited lifetime warranty with the Fenix torches.

The only time limitation appears to be how long you have to wait to get yours, I think mine will be a bit longer :-(

Andrew

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
The P1D CE is made by Fenix. Yes, I carry it and my warranty is not limited
to 6 months. It's a limited lifetime warranty and more often than not I give my customers
the benefit of the doubt when whether a problem is due to abuse or manufacturer's
fault. :D To date, I have not turned down a warranty request :)

Boomerang

Newly Enlightened
OK,

I saw this:

---
- 6 month limited warranty* through BrightGuy, limited lifetime warranty through Fenix in China

Use of rechargeable Lithium-ion batteries is not recommended and voids the product warranty.

*BrightGuy warrants the Fenix P1D CE LED flashlight (when purchased from BrightGuy) to be free from manufacturing defects for a period of 6 months from the date of purchase.
---

Sorry, until it's stamped "Fenix P1D CE" I'll wait, then buy it direct.

That's my opinion and it's very true.

Andy

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
4sevens said:
The P1D CE is made by Fenix. Yes, I carry it and my warranty is not limited
to 6 months. It's a limited lifetime warranty and more often than not I give my customers
the benefit of the doubt when whether a problem is due to abuse or manufacturer's
fault. :D To date, I have not turned down a warranty request :)

And that's why you rock!!!:rock: :rock:

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Huh?? It's sold by an authorised dealer of Fenix and backed up by Fenix for the limited lifetime warranty. Brightguy has their own policy and add a 6 month warranty from the purchase date.

I don't see why there's anything suspicious about it. If it's modded by 4/7's and marketed as a new model without Fenix permission, they obviously will know about it and put a stop to it. No way suddenly so many dealers will be carrying the P1D CE if it's an unofficial product modded by 4/7s. (Not to mention his fingers would probably drop off trying to hand-mod each light)

Even if in the slightest chance (in a world where demons and ogres walk the land and I own all the models of Ferrari) that this is some modded Fenix 4/7s managed to slip out without Fenix knowing, he is willing to back it up with warranty and 1-1 exchange. So what's the issue?

:shrug:

flame2000

Enlightened
Just curious......why is the P1D CE not listed on Fenix official website??? P1D is there though.

Is it going to end up like the L0P SE which wasn't even listed on the Fenix official site and then in a few months time, gets replaced by the slightly better L0D which is now listed on Fenix website? :huh2:

cdosrun said:
Hi Andy,

no, the CE edition is straight from Fenix as a production light, it is not modified. Fenix don't seem to be especially quick at putting the new models on their website.

There isn't a 6 month warranty on it either, if you have a look at David Chow's (4-7s) site http://fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_51&products_id=171 he provides the normal limited lifetime warranty with the Fenix torches.

The only time limitation appears to be how long you have to wait to get yours, I think mine will be a bit longer :-(

Andrew

My understanding is that Fenix provides lifetime warranty through mail at their factory in China and all local warranty is through selling dealer who offers whatever terms they wish to offer.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
When somebody have doubts about the warranty of Fenix lights, he should do a search about, what 4sevens has done for the members here (including the lights, which wasn't sold by himself) :goodjob:.

So for me the brand "Fenix" is always combined with 4sevens, he rocks:rock:.

Best regards

_____
Tom

jtice

Flashaholic
Fenix is using the same bodies for the PD1 and PD1 CE,
they just never put the CE on the CE models.

These are all legit lights, and 4Sevens is one of, if not the best dealers on CPF.
If you are waiting for them to actually print the "CE" on the light, you may be waiting forever, they might never do that.

As far as it not being on their site, they are always slow to update the site.

~John

wholeflaffer

Enlightened
flame2000 said:
Just curious......why is the P1D CE not listed on Fenix official website??? P1D is there though.

Is it going to end up like the L0P SE which wasn't even listed on the Fenix official site and then in a few months time, gets replaced by the slightly better L0D which is now listed on Fenix website? :huh2:
Just a thought: perhaps Fenix doesn't want to add to the publicity of this model until it has the ability to fill all outstanding orders for it?

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
wholeflaffer said:
Just a thought: perhaps Fenix doesn't want to add to the publicity of this model until it has the ability to fill all outstanding orders for it?
Very true, b/c outside of CPF, not many people even know Cree exists. Hell much less Lumileds, to the general public its just "One of those new led lights." :laughing: