For those with Delrin tail stand adapter for L1/L2/A2

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just order one of these per Milky's advice. My question is:

How does it attach? Does it simply slide over, or do you unthread the retention ring for the boot and replace with delrin adapter?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
You unscrew the retention ring, place the tailstand over switch, and rescrew retention ring. I can not get my retention ring off, and have scratched anodize attempting, so derlin tail stand sits on my book case. Good luck.

Bill

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bullzeyebill said:
You unscrew the retention ring, place the tailstand over switch, and rescrew retention ring. I can not get my retention ring off, and have scratched anodize attempting, so derlin tail stand sits on my book case. Good luck.

Bill
dude the easyist way i found is go to an auto parts store and get a set of SNAP RING PLIERS they are the best no scratching and no matter how glued on the it is it comes off easily or try a set medical forcips they work good to.

alantch

Enlightened
Unscrew and place the tailcap into a plastic or ziplock bag. Put it into boiling water for a few minutes. Then unscrew immediately using a needle nose plier. I tool me three tries before I succeeded. Good luck.

oregonshooter

Enlightened
Bingo! I just put one on an L1 cap that was glued pretty hard. After boiling in a ziplock for 10 minutes it came off easily using some needle nose pliers as a spanner wrench.

Some day soon I'll get this into the FAQs at eh store with some pics.