The ugly revolving "no real topic and totally pointless" but not quite dead thread

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ugly revolving "no real topic and totally pointless" but not quite dead thread

Anybody like to collect owl cookie jars?

I have many, most I get from E-Bay...heres a few. I will leave some space inbetween so I can insert photo`s later
smile.gif

HOOT THE OWL...this is probably the most valuable one I have. I`m sure if your are a cookie jar collecter...you understand...this one is a must have!
WOODSY THE OWL...this one is one of the nicest and oldest...my wife says it might be the most valuable in the collection...very nice!
SNOWY OWL...this one is way cool...it`s a white owl. I found this jewel at a pawn shop...believe it or not!

THREE OWLS AND A HOOT...this one is sweet...it features three baby owls and a mother owl...one of my favorits!

LADY OWL IN RED...ahh...the classic sexy lady owl dressed in fabulus red...makes me hoot!

LADY OWL IN BLUE...shwooo...this one is a cutie...found this at a antque store...stoll it for only 50 bucks!

WEDDING DAY OWL DRESSED IN WHITE...every time I look at this one I get tears in my eyes...makes me think of my own wedding day...my wife loves this one too!

CHURCH OWL...with bells...yea...if you`ve read this far you must also know and love this one. Not sure where I got it. I bring it down from the shelf every Sunday when the family comes over!

OWL AT HOLLOWEEN...this one has a lot of orange...brightens up any room...if you don`t already have this one you can sometime find them on E-Bay...not to expensive either!

OWL ON SWING...this one features a charming little owl on a swing...with a southern type backdrop...the lid is the top of a tree!

MR.SMILE OWL...feature the owl smile from the famous MR. OWL collection...this one is rare haven`t seen to many of these!

Please post here if you would like to hear/see more about my collection
smile.gif

KEN

I`ll leave some space here so I can show you my DOUGH BOY cookie jar collection...your going to just love these
wink.gif

And coming soon I`ll show off my minuiture owl jar collection and post them below!
Let me know if you can`t wait for me to post pic`s here...I will try to e-mail you photo`s of your favorite!

I hope I`m not the only one that thinks owl cookie jars are not simply ok...their a HOOT!
twak.gif

Albany Tom

Enlightened
Re: The ugly revolving "no real topic and totally pointless" but not quite dead thread

Well, I do think it should be OK for someone to abort themselves.
smile.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
Re: The ugly revolving "no real topic and totally pointless" but not quite dead thread

Oh I get it now!
yellowlaugh.gif
... This is one of those joke threads, right?
yellowlaugh.gif

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, I don`t know...many folks find collecting owl cookie jars a blast! I do! I bet there are a lot of owl or bunny cookie jar collectors mixed in with our flashaholics...might not interest every single one of our members though.

I also have some from the OWLS AT CRISTMASS collection.

MR. SANTA OWL...with present bag on shoulder...a special classic!
MRS. SANTA OWL...with cookies...she is dressed in red...a favorite of owl jar collecter world wide!
.HELPER OWL...one of the elves has a hand that open the lid if you push down on it...really way cool!
JINGLE BELL OWL...this one features a owl with a working bell on top...I really use this one to let everybody know when dinner is ready...neat sound too!
CHRISTMASS TREE OWL...features a lighted battery operated tree for a lid...might make a great one for those who like to mod things...(think LED)!
.Let me tell you about my fantastic Easter Bunny Owl collection...if you don`t mind...I have a lot of them and each one great!
The basic BUNNY OWL...this is likely one you have in your collection too. It`s the well known owl dressed in a grey bunny suit with with red trim...real sweet!
BUNNY OWL WITH EGG...a real charmer...feature the owl bunny with a wounderfully colorfull egg... I might be able to E- mail pictures for you on request if you can`t wait for me to scan in the photo`s...well worth it!.

THE BUNNY OWL WITH EGG AND BASKET...this is one all the kids really love...features a basket with several eggs in it...a real joy to behold...a delight for the entire family! Guess where the hidden egg is!
opps got to go eat...wife says come and get it or it goes in the trash...I`ll be back if there is even more intrest...and it`s great to know I`m not alone in this fantastic hobby! Later!

Ps: My wife and I have collected many owl Christmass tree orniments...I`ll leave a little space here and post pic`s as soon as I can!

Here are a few pic`s (well soon) of them hanging on our trees down through the years!
.More great owl cookie jar talk coming soon...just got to check my inventory...check this thread often!! In the mean while here are a few owl birthday cards my wife has collected...for your enjoyment, feast your eyes on these...many are very old! (coming soon, please be patient)
Hey, how come bunny dads don`t have to pay child support and men do? They father thousands!
Ken

Greta

Flashaholic

'Cuz birth control is not just a woman's responsibility. Unless you are married to the woman and/or trust her 100% and/or want children, you are foolish not to protect YOURSELF. Wrap it up or snip it, sweety!

Saaby

Flashaholic

whip2.gif
wink.gif

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just to keep things light hearted:

Hubby with vasectomy

"I must take every precaution not to get pregnant," said Edna to Priscilla.

"But I thought you said your hubby had a vasectomy," Priscilla responded.

"He did. That's why I have to take every precaution."
smile.gif

KenB, I'll delete this if you don't want it here

Greta

Flashaholic

*snicker* ... x-ray, I think it's perfect here!
winkie.GIF
grin.gif

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

You guys are going to love all these pic`s when I can get them up...this scanner I bought should be great...I have a great owl stamp collection too...over a thousand, from all over the world...in time I`ll try and post those too. Here`s a little sample just to wet your apitite!
.. Well soon!

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast

I do agree with you KenB, a women has the right to do what ever she wants regardless of what we think. She can abort, adopt out or keep the baby we have no say. Yes the man should wrap it but the women are just as much at fault. Now as unfair as all that is what about that babies rights, it is the one dieing and has no rights what so ever. Now I know people will say it's just a fetus, but when is the last time you heard a pregnant women say the fetus is kicking? Never it's always the baby we just like to throw terms around to make us feel better about our "choices"

Light-Headed

Enlightened

I'm on the same wavelength jtivat. In my mind, it's simple.......I don't believe in abortions.....by anybody. Men and women can point out blame and responsibility all they want. But the fact remains, the only truly innocent one in a situation like that is the baby.....and often.....they are the one to pay the ultimate price. Call it a fetus if you want to.......just be glad your mother didn't think of you that way.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wonder what the legal aspects should be?

Ken

Light-Headed

Enlightened

My stance on the legal issue of it is exactly the same. Each partner is responsible for their own birth control. If you chose to trust your partner when they say the are using birth control, and so, based on that, you chose not to use any.....well.....that's just tough. If a pregnancy results from that or even from the birth control failing, then both parties are responsible for that child and it's upbringing.

The child should not be killed for convenience. He or She is the only one completely innocent in the situation. The child had no choice about birth control or abstinence and should not have to pay with their life. It's time for everyone to own up to their responsibilities and stop trying to pass the blame or opt for the most convenient solution.

That's my stance.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm with KenB.
It's an obvious imbalance in justice.
Both parties have to consent to the sex but only one party gets to vote on the birth.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok, well that a moral issue...our courts have decided that a young unborn child has no rights...so thats not the issue here. I wish we could have a say in it...but once again we don`t.

A girl gets pragnent...you DON`T want a abortion...but she does. You have no rights...you can`t sue her for the loss of you child.

A girl get pregnant and you DO want her to abort...you have no rights. She can sue you for child support.

Whats the fairness in that...?

Come on guys...lets get the juices flowing upstairs here. There a light up there some where...right?

Ken

Saaby

Flashaholic

Life's not fair. End of story.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well at least you admit the injustice.
wink.gif

Greta

Flashaholic

The only fair solution is to have exactly what you suggested -- a sort of prenup for conception.

Now lets see the feminists support that one.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Greg... I agree with you 100% (does that make me a feminist or not?
shocked.gif
confused.gif
)

I was trying to compose in my head how I would state that. I thought I pretty much had made this point when I wrote "Unless you are married to the woman and/or trust her 100% and/or want children, you are foolish not to protect YOURSELF." Ken, I think you are deliberately twisting other's words in order to perpetuate this ridiculous argument of yours. The following statement of yours:

That means a lot...might be the first step men could take to stop legalized abortions...sort of twist the laws back around the women. Make them responsible too.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">... is the most foolish one yet! "Make them responsible too?" ... uh... since when HAVEN'T we been responsible?!?!?
rolleyes.gif

I'm not going to play your silly little game here. I do believe you are simply trying to stir up controversy. Or else this is a topic near and dear to your netherparts... er... heart?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Originally posted by duffahtolla:
For the obverse,

I have a great legal attachment to my hand. It is a part of me. If I wish to cut it off, that is my choice. But in no way should anybody else have a right to demand that I do so. I grew it, I nurished it, it's MY choice.

When I sneeze, I do not have the same right to the bacteria I expell as I do to my hand. They may have originated from me, but I can expell a million more the next instant. It did not take any effort for me to expell these multitudes of bacteria. If someone wants to grow a culture, there nothing I can do about it.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I don`t want to pay hand support.
grin.gif
And the bacteria stuff...I`m not going to touch that...
smile.gif

Ken

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Originally posted by duffahtolla:
No you misquoted me.

You convieniently edited out several important parts:

A male is financialy responsible for his actions. That is unless she sabotaged the MALES prophylactics

And in any case, I don't think the male has the right to ask the female to undergo what is essentially surgery

Please reread my post in its entirety. Especially the part of financial responsibility for driving a car. I think its really applies quite well.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So why is the female not financially responsible she can chose to be rid of the baby, but a man can not.

Latest posts