Weird FB1+KL1 head!

UWAK

Enlightened
My new Vital Gear FB1 body+SF KL1 head suddenly getting blinking and dim after a while. I use new cell though. Anyone could tell me what should I do to get it back to normal again? Cheers!

Frids

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
i dont know really but i had a fb2 for about 2 days and i think the tailcap is wierd but i think i have herd of people have troubles with the connections by the front of the body where the head meets.

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
This helped my situation.

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=106520&highlight=vital+gear+switch

Chop said:
LT,

The problem may not be with the ground ring not touching. If you have the leaf spring type switches, try this. Screw the KL1 on then slowly loosen the tail cap. If it comes on, then there's too much pressure on the switch and it's pushing the switch away from its ground contact point. I just use different size o-rings as gaskets on the tail to "adjust" the height of the switch.

If the above doesn't work, then screw the KL1 on and remove the switch, then use a piece of metal to close the circuit and see if the light comes on. If it does, it's the switch.

The reason that your paper clip solution is working somewhat, is because by doing that you are actually relieving pressure on the switch.