video: Energizer Quick Switch

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember not long after those came out Walmart had them on clearance for $3.99 or something. This was around the time the SMJLED PR bulb came out and I had considered buying one as the host since it would be a great battery scavenging light in an emergency.

oregon

Enlightened
While at a two-day educational conference I found a pallet of the 15 million candle power Cyclops for $30 each at the nearby Costco during lunch break. I figured I would come back on the last day and get one. They were all gone!!! I asked the clerk with the pallet jack about them and he had been the one to put them out and exclaimed that they were gone in two days.

So, in consolation, I surfed on over to the Costco website and found the video. Would rather have had a Cyclops.

I did, however, pick up a Sony $30 charger/NIMH battery combo. Four position, for AAA and AA, charger with a refresh feature (claims to eliminate memory effect) and 4 AA and 2AAA. It has a small LCD readout screen in the front describing the batteries state of charge, auto shut-off, and can charge any combination and number (up to four) of AAA or AA NIMHs. I have to say that I am tickled with it.

Costco, there is always gonna be something I need there.

All the best,

oregon

Paul5M

Newly Enlightened
oregon said:
I did, however, pick up a Sony $30 charger/NIMH battery combo. Four position, for AAA and AA, charger with a refresh feature (claims to eliminate memory effect) and 4 AA and 2AAA. It has a small LCD readout screen in the front describing the batteries state of charge, auto shut-off, and can charge any combination and number (up to four) of AAA or AA NIMHs. I have to say that I am tickled with it.
oregon

Good luck with your new toys, those Sony batteries (2700mA) will self-discharge in about a month! :rant:
The Duracell batteries (2650mA) are a little better.
That's why I switched to Li-Ion for most of my flashlights :whistle:

oregon

Enlightened
Paul5M said:
That's why I switched to Li-Ion for most of my flashlights
rolleye11.gif

Thank you kindly for the tip. Much appreciated.

The NIHMs are mostly for some m@g hotwire projects (ROP and then if successful maybe semi-Torch). If I thought that Li-Ions would lend themselves to rapid discharge stability I wouldn't hesitate to use them. I would like to experiment with the Li-Ions in hotwires, and just see how it goes, but I am concerned enough as to their safety in this application to be hesitant. Am I being overly cautious?

Has anyone used Li-Ions successfully in a 100 watt hotwire?

All the best,

oregon