Thinking of buying Samsung CLP-510 color laser printer-any issues?

jtr1962

Flashaholic
The local BJs has the Samsung CLP-510 for $250 with a $70 rebate good through 12/31. I'm seriously thinking of purchasing it since my HP Deskjet 940C refuses to recognize color cartridges, and therefore won't do anything. HP tech support either refused or didn't know how to tell me to override the cartridge recognition feature. In any case, I've had my fill of inkjets with constant, messy cartridge refilling, water soluble ink, "smart" cartridges, etc. I've decided to purchase a color laser. This Samsung may just fill the bill. Does anyone here own, or has anyone heard of, any major issues with it? I know it has smart toner cartridges which stop printing at 2000 pages but I found a mod on the Internet which describes how to disable the write enable to the chip on the cartridge, effective disabling that "feature". Toner refills good for many thousands of pages are readily available on eBay so no problem there. Any reason I should stay away from this printer? I heard color print quality is on par with the average inkjet these days, so it should be as good or better than what I was getting from my 940C.

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also recently had my fill of Inkjet printers problems, but I went with the HP2600n. It's the networked version so all the computers in the house can print to it. It does not give the photo quality of an inkjet printer, but there are many places I can print those if desired.

Paul