• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: McLux III-PD (UV1J) - Sold (by pm)

Silversurfer

Enlightened
I love this light. It's beautiful. It's perfect just as I received it - no nicks, no scratches. The action is silky smooth. I'm selling it because with my early arthritis it's just a tad too small for me to hold comfortably.

McLux III-PD HA-dark slate (black) with upgraded clip --- $275 --- Sold to jemab

Comes with the following: H3 vial in piston (green) and Ti Bezel Ring.

No pictures to post as only my teenage daughter knows how to operate the digital camera and software and she is not very cooperative lately, to put it mildly.

All prices include USPS conus priority mail with tracking #. Insurance is extra if requested. I won't be responsible for items lost. Money orders or personal checks only. I don't have Paypal. First to post an unconditional "I'll take it" has priority. Please PM for payment and shipping details. Everything will go smoothly. It will just take a little longer.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

charlesn

Enlightened
Re: FS: McLux III-PD (UV1J)

A very fair price on a light that needs no introduction, and this one is loaded with all the goodies to boot: U-bin, trit vial, upgraded clip and Ti bezel. How much do I think of this light? Well, I bought one AFTER I purchased a PD-Ti, and I just might prefer the aluminum. (Damn that slate finish and the twisting action are both so silky smooth!) I doubt this will be around for very long.

FlashInThePan

Enlightened

Hear, hear. And it's especially desirable now that the only McCrees Don will be producing in the near future are made out of Titanium. (http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1735294). If you want a PD for under $450, this is the one to get - and it's got a great LED bin and all the goodies.

Hey wait a minute, that's my exact PD setup as well! No wonder I like it so much. =)

Happy selling!

aggiejason

Newly Enlightened

Does anyone have a pic or a link to a pic of this light? Anyone? Bueller?? Bueller?? :candle:

Last edited:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast

aggiejason said:
Does anyone have a pic or a link to a pic of this light? Anyone? Bueller?? Bueller?? :candle:
Take a look at the FAQ threads in McGizmo's forum. There are a few pics of the PD there in dark slate. I got to play with one a month ago and fell in love. The dark slate is stunning, and the upgraded Ti clip and Ti bezel are really classy touches IMHO. The trit would be a nice added plus.

Here's a couple of links

Last edited:

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast

Chronos,

The UV1J is an even more desireable tint in my opinion over the TYOJ in the one that you tried. These are also rare.

The good thing about them are that they are upgradeable so you don't need to wory about it being obsolete.

-Goatee

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast

The UV1J tint (vanilla-ish) sounds really nice. Probably great for outdoors color rendition, I'd guess. That TY0J was amazing Goatee.

I'm still sooo tempted to pick one up and upgrade at a later time to a Cree. I just bought a Milky ML-1 or I'd be all over this PD. :)

aggiejason

Newly Enlightened

:rant: ggggggggrrrrrrr!!! I should have never seen that!!! Resistance is weakening!!!!

Chronos-is that a Porsche wheel in your avatar?

FlashInThePan

Enlightened

Folks, the UV1J is really a great tint for use outdoors. I have both a T-bin McLux III PD (TWOJ, I believe) and a UV1J, and while the T-bin's actually brighter than my U-bin, I'm keeping the UV1J because its vanilla tint just does a better job of illuminating objects outside. Inside, I like my T-bin much better, but since I try to only carry one PD at a time...the UV1J is just the better all-around light.

Hope this helps! Don't fight the resistance - the UV1J PD is the best EDC I've found so far. (This might make my HDS U60XRGT feel bad, but it knows its still my best *all around* light. Buck up there, lil' guy.)

- FITP

- FITP

Last edited:

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast

The 2 PD's that I have are gonna be just fine for awhile until I see some of the newer LED's that come out next year. Don keeps on saying that he won't be offering new lights in aluminum because the market is so volatile and I understand that to mean that there are more and better LED's coming out that will rival the Cree's.

I am thinking that a ultra bright Lumileds LED could be around the corner with a radiation pattern more suited to the PD's reflector.

That being said, I am constantly feeling pressure to have one of them modded by 7777.

-Goatee

Oh yeah, another free bump for a fantastic light that just may never go out of style.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

You have got to be kidding right?
Don't you know how to look for a picture of the Classic PD?
Amazing.
Yaesumofo
Here is a picture of a few of mine The one for sale may look different and I am sure the ti clip will not be polished like these are.

DSCN7886sm.jpg

aggiejason said:
Does anyone have a pic or a link to a pic of this light? Anyone? Bueller?? Bueller??
au.gif

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast

yaesumofo, Goatee,

Damn it you guys have some nice lights. You both are going to drive me to the poor house. Just when I think I have enough lights you do this to me. Sigh.

McGizmo Carrera- I love it! However, I want a carbon fiber edition so it matches my interior ;) Ti plus carbon fiber; what's not to love???

edit- Silversurfer, sorry for taking this thread OT!!! Honest. You have a wonderful light for sale- this shouldn't last long at all. A limited edition work of art...

Last edited:

aggiejason

Newly Enlightened

yaesumofo said:
You have got to be kidding right?
Don't you know how to look for a picture of the Classic PD?
Amazing.
Yaesumofo
Here is a picture of a few of mine The one for sale may look different and I am sure the ti clip will not be polished like these are.

DSCN7886sm.jpg

I'm a noob!! Cut me some slack man! :grin2:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

I felt the same way. I certainly wouldn't go out and order yet another PD.
BTW I doubt Don will continue to produce the PD beyond the current stock of parts. Many have been made but it is still a finite number of lights. That said, I did go out and buy a PD very similar to this one and I had it sent directly to 4X7's for modification. You said something about the reflector working better with the LUXeon emitters. That may be marginally true but the light I received back from 4X7"s really is great. The beam is very good. There is a visible ring when looking at a wall with it. Personally I don't spend that much time looking at white walls with my flashlights.
The point is this. This light is a perfect host for a 4X7's Cree Mod. I highly recommend it. I did not want to Subject one of my Pd's to modding (don't know why). So I bought a light for the purpose.
If you love the PD and want a Cree emitter based flashlight then this is a great place to start. You get all the features of the McLUX III PD with the high brightness level of the Cree emitter. The best of all flashlight worlds.
Yaesumofo

:)> said:
The 2 Pd's that I have are gonna be just fine for awhile until I see some of the newer Leds that come out next year. Don keeps on saying that he won't be offering new lights in aluminum because the market is so volatile and I understand that to mean that there are more and better LED's coming out that will rival the Cree's.

I am thinking that a ultra bright Lumileds LED could be around the corner with a radiation pattern more suited to the Pd's reflector.

That being said, I am constantly feeling pressure to have one of them modded by 7777.

-Goatee

Oh yeah, another free bump for a fantastic light that just may never go out of style.