Different uses of duct tape

McGizmo

Flashaholic
YC,

GO TO YOUR ROOM!
twak.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Uhhh, ok, I have to say it. As of this moment, I am typing this with a piece of duct tape on my finger. I heard about this on Public Radio yesterday.

Saaby

Flashaholic
I use wart removers but my friend uses duct tape. I'm too impatient
wink.gif
(4 days vs 8+). I do, however, have a roll of the stuff under my desk. Right now it's functioning beautifully as a foot stool
grin.gif

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together...

Empath

Flashaholic
There's only two products needed in every toolbox, duct tape and WD40.

If it shouldn't be loose, duct tape it.
If it should be loose, WD40 it.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
When I was in the Army, many moons ago, I knew a guy that made a convertable top out of the Army version of duct tape. We called it "100 mph" tape and it was, of course, green in color. We were in Germany at the time and it would have cost more to order a top from the states than the car was worth. It took a few weekends to get it made (we had to get the tape one roll at a time!) Except for the strange green color, it did'nt look all that bad when we finished!

Hemingray

Enlightened
I forgot to mention, it is also great for removing lint, pet hair, dandruff, etc from clothing, just wrap some around your hand, sticky side out, and roll it over the areas that need cleaning up. Also good for cleaning grit, dust, metal filings, etc off a workbench or desk top.
And, if the mother-in-law is getting too vociferous or boisterous, well, figure it out...

/ed brown

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Hemingray:
And, if the mother-in-law is getting too vociferous or boisterous, well, figure it out...

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'll take ten rolls
grin.gif