Look out CREE !!?

jhawkins1

Newly Enlightened
the first line says it all "New high-brightness LED is based on a chip supplied by Cree and proprietary packaging"

JnC

Newly Enlightened
The company self-description cracked me up. Sounds like a bunch of up-starts?

"About Edison Opto Corporation

Edison Opto Corporation is composed of innovation enthusiastic people who equipped with professional opto-electronic R&D expertise and established at the moment of chaotic and turbulent environment (economy recession, world trade center terrorist attack, flood, and record-breaking unemployment rate). However we aim to turn this turbulence around and stick our neck out of the troubled water to steadily march for success in the opto-electronic application field."

Miracle

Enlightened
does any kind souls know how much lumens from 1 x CR123?

:huh2:

is it a bad thing being an up start?

:huh2:

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I corresponded with them once. They were very rude. Stay away. The person I corresponded with was Eddy Kao.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks identical to the recently announced SSC product. Seeing as it uses the Cree chip, I'd imagine Cree will also release a similar X-lamp product at the same time.

Martini

Enlightened
One thing that stuck out to me: warm white. I would assume this means that Cree and SSC should have warm whites available in the near future as well.

Here's there mission statement in brief, and better English: in response to world chaos, we formed a company in order to save the world by selling LEDs.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
These things are posted on Flashlightnews all the time, but how many of them are actually ever sold or produced? The Cree is here and will most likely reign for quite some time.

Martini

Enlightened
EngineeringGuy said:
The "warm white" is due to the phosphors used in the packaging, and not the die itself. Therefore Edison Opto offering a warm white LED is not indicative that Cree will be offerring one. Even so, I would expect that Cree will eventually release a warm white XR-E.
I was working under the assumption that Edison isn't actually fielding any proprietary technology, and that the whole package is the work of Cree and/or SSC (it looks exactly like the SSC unit). Remember, the real secret to the XR-E's output is the ultra-thin, precisely distributed phosphor. To go through the trouble of securing Cree's dice without the magic phosphor layer wouldn't make much sense, would it?