Fenix L2S/L2T/L1T VS Minimag LED 2 AA - nonflashlight person

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered an L2S (ordered it Mon recieved it Thursday? WOW great shipping 4Sevens I was EXTREMELY impressed for this time of year, or anytime of year) that I was planning on giving out as a gift, and could not help it, I unpackaged it (will have to order another as I am KEEPING IT) to play with it today.

My dad came over a bit ago with my ex brother in law who happened to have an L2T on him. So just for giggles I had my dad handle them, and use them outside along with my L1T.

He was impressed by all of the lights brightness, his EDC is a 2 AA Minimag LED that he has only had a month or less and is still not used to how bright it is.

He especially liked the L1T for its brightness to size ratio, he was very impressed and wants one for his pocket. However, while impressed with their brightness, and dual settings, he was less impressed and taken with the L2T and L2S. He said he much preferred the Minimag.

Reasoning? While the size is a virtue in the L1T for pocket carry, he has fair sized hands and finds the L2T and L2S too insubstantial feeling in his hands. They do not feel big enough, sturdy enough, or comfortable to hold or operate. The Minimag is only slightly longer, about an inch, but with its head and heft it feels much larger to the hand, which I agree with.

Perhaps it is simply 20 years of Minimag carry so it feels more like a "flashlight" to him. But I kind of understand what he means, my first thought upon opening the L2S was that it was too thin/small and felt somewhat awkward in the hand. But I got past it fairly quick, even though I still find in this size a twistie is easier than reaching back to the longer butt to click.

Just thought it was interesting what a non-flashaholic thought.

Last edited:

p1fiend

Newly Enlightened
Much appreciated post!

I was debating between giving a L2S(better reg on alks than L2T) or a 2AA MagLED for a tool exchange this Christmas.

Since this is going to a non-flashaholic, I think the Mag 2AA is the better choice. They'll trust the name, and the flashlight will feel second nature in their hands.

Thanks for confirming this!:goodjob: