eBay Rant

Saaby

Flashaholic
It all started at school. The mice stink! "I know" I thought, "I'll bring my own mouse."

Brilliant plan I know, and it's working beautifully...so then I decited "I know, I'll get a cheap Logitech Optical mouse off eBay so I can just leave my corded mouse in my backpack"

It began. Late one night I came across a too-good to be true deal on one. I pounced. I won. I realized that the mouse I had bid on wasn't optical...
bluedead.gif
oh well, my fault, I'll just re-sell it (BTY I'll sell it to anyone here that wants it...eMail me)

So next I come across an auction with this descripton and pic:
This Logitech Optical Scroll Wheel Mouse USB is NEW in a Factory Sealed Box.
Records motion optically without a ball. Glides smoothly and is precise. Fits right and left hands. With the innovative WebWheel, you can take advantage of a faster, easier way to use the Internet, and never have to use scrollbars again. This mouse is made for a long life with the highest logitech quality. Item is new in sealed factory box.

Buyer pays $8.00 for shipping, handling, and insurance. We ship Ground.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
badmouse.gif

I bid, I won, it got here today...except that they sent the wrong thing! This is what I got

goodmouse.gif

Oy 2!
icon15.gif
but fortunatly they regognize that the description is just vague enough that it's their fault, and they're taking it back...shipping and all.

SO I've just won yet another (and I'm broke for all these mice I've invested in) and we'll see if it's the right one
frown.gif

SO yeah...be careful on eBay!

Was it Darell who said buying cars is a full time job for him? Hmm...I'm starting to feel like I have a new job too.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is good that the seller will eat it. You do have recourse through Ebay to settle disutes and can always hammer the sucker with a flame for feedback. It is well to read auctions very close. "Item pictured is similar to actual item". Stay away from those.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Yeah. The first one was totally my fault...the second one was totally theirs. Because the descripton was so vague, and because I had already screwed up once, I read--and read--and reread--and bid. Now I don't know how to tell them this, but they're never going to get that mouse (The one they sent me) to sell for $20--the same one regularlly sells for $2 or $3 on eBay. Nice mouse really, just the exact one I already have--only in grey instead of blue and no blinky LED on the packaging. I would have kept it if there was a blinky LED on the packaging
wink.gif

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saaby, I bought a Logitech Cordless Mouseman Optical via eBay and love it. I only feed it NiMH AAs. It has been a while ago, so I don't remember who I got it from, though it was brand new in factory sealed box.

If you are that hot for one, try Staples, Office Depot, or Office Max.

Saaby

Flashaholic
My dad has Logitech wireless (Old style, bege--ball) my sister has Logitech Wireless Optical...that's what I am getting, right now I have just Logitec Optical. We're a Logitech family.

Do you have the Mouseman with 4 buttons then? I'm getting one with 3 cause I could afford it and didn't know what I'd do with a 4th button anyway
grin.gif

AND I thought maybe in a year (When they sky dive in price) I'd step up to the MX 700 so...

Saaby

Flashaholic
He he...I forgot the best part. This is the eMail I got from them, unaltered:

ryan,
after reviewing the ad and our inventory, our ad was mispictured and we do not have any cordless mice. please send back the mouse with a receipt for your cost of shipping and we will refund all of your money. we apoligize for the inconvenience and will promply refund your money upon receipt of the mouse. thank you for your cooperation,
justin
parts4biz
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Saving wear and tear on his shift key I guess...a second eMail from him was also completely in lower case...

PhilAlex

Enlightened
There was a kid caught on Ebay selling 25Mhz Laptops as 250 MHz laptops.

When someone bitched, he just refunded.

Few did. All he did was bleach out the 25MHz on the case.

Saaby: I think that's what they might have been trying to do. But if they eat the shipping, so what?

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Saaby:Saving wear and tear on his shift key I guess...a second eMail from him was also completely in lower case...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">My God, is aragorn selling on Ebay?
grin.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Concerning the mice, I have the cordless mouseman optical that Saaby thought he was getting. It's comfortable to hold and I thought it was better then the Microsoft competing product at the time I bought it. It does not however "track" as well as a corded mouse. It's slower to respond and not as precise. I got used to it though and used it for a year or so. Battery life not as high as advertised though. I get maybe six weeks between changes (alkalines).

Last week however I sucked it up and went out and bought the new Logitech MX 700. Let me tell you, this thing rocks! It performs as well as any corded mouse I have ever used including opticals. My only complaint thus far is that it eats up batteries. The web page states ten days of usage between charges but I barely have gotten more then 24 hours. Perhaps it has something to do with the included no name "BYD" batteries, supposedly 1700 mah nimh's. Not a problem if you remember to put it on the charger base every night but last night, I put in my own nimh's and will see how that goes. I'm very happy with the performance and hopefully the price will come down a bit.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saaby, mine's the 4 button cordless (tail less). Can be used with right hand, only. I have the thumb button set as double click and rarely use it. Not usable in Mandrake 8.2 (thumb button). I use 1200 MAh NiMH AAs in mine (Radio Shack).

Saaby

Flashaholic
"Last week however I sucked it up and went out and bought the new Logitech MX 700. Let me tell you, this thing rocks!"

That was reason #2 for just getting the [About $15] cheaper 3 button model--that's $15 that I can save/use maybe a year from now to get a MX1200...new and improved model with wireless charger of course
wink.gif