• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB Reflector for Mag/ 9AA to 3D adapter

hburner

Enlightened
WTB Reflector for Mag that will be used for a potted lamp. FMs PR adapted to e specific. If anybody has one new or knows where I can get one please let me know. Preferably medium stipple.

Also need a 9AA to 3D adapter. FM is sold out. I am aware of the Shoppes version but am still looking for more, Thanks hburner.

hburner

Enlightened
Yes Don but will they fit over the stock maglite assembly with no modiification?

the last one that I purchased from a cpf'er would fit over the ROP high bulb but would not fit over the stock lamp holder( the cap witch screws on over the bulb to hold it down). This is my dilema, finding one that will have the big enough hole in it to use with a stock mag.

litho123

Enlightened
Because the reflector (Lightedge / Litho123) is camless, some other means is needed to achieve focus.

1 - Use focus shims.
2 - mod the bulb pedestal and pin the spring-loaded bulb in place.

Reflectors don't really have the larger hole anymore. The larger hole results in less light output. The smaller holed reflectors will yield a brighter output.

All ROP bulbs and carley bulbs and WA bulbs will work. The stock Mag bulbs will not fit.

hburner

Enlightened
The lamps that you mentioned would not work in the carley reflector that I bought here on CPF. I had to bore out the reflector so that when I put in the ROP bulbs the reflector would then fit around the stock mag bulb holder.

Let me put it this way, If I were to buy one of Fivemegas PR based adapters and put a WA1185 in it and then screw it into place in the Mag (everything is stock mind you all but the FM adapter for a bipin lamp) what reflector would I need to be able to screw the Mag head back on and it would fit just like stock?

litho123 said:
Because the reflector (Lightedge / Litho123) is camless, some other means is needed to achieve focus.

1 - Use focus shims.
2 - mod the bulb pedestal and pin the spring-loaded bulb in place.

Reflectors don't really have the larger hole anymore. The larger hole results in less light output. The smaller holed reflectors will yield a brighter output.

All ROP bulbs and carley bulbs and WA bulbs will work. The stock Mag bulbs will not fit.

litho123

Enlightened
The bulb retaining ring is 0.6xx" in diameter, so the ream on the reflector needs to be slightly larger than that.

If you want that large a hole in your reflector, it will need to be cammed.

You'll need to post a WTB for it and clearly state what you want.
OR
enlarge the ream on an existing cammed reflector.

Latest posts