streamlight twin task on rechargables

AndrewL

Newly Enlightened
I assume the LEDs would work if I got a single long rechargable cell and I thought the bulb from the single cell would fit in the two cell light but really I'd like to use 2 cr123 sized cells so that I can use one in a QIII. Does anyone know if the LEDs would handle this and a bulb that I could drop in that would work well on this set up. I guess I might be able to add a resistor to the LEDs to run the LEDs

Really I want a higher high output since that only gets used if I drop something whilst camping

Thoughts?

Tronic

Newly Enlightened
You must change the resistor if you use 2x RCR123. I have done this mod but I cannot remember the value of the resistor.
You will hotflash the stock bulb if you use 2x RCR123. I have try the Carley C1499 (7.2V bulb) but it was too powerful and have melt the plastic socket within 5sec!!! Be careful with high-power bulbs!
My current setup is: Stock bulb with the PO4 cells from AW.
They have a little higher voltage compared to CR123, but don't hotflash the bulb. The "problem" is that you have a shorter runtime of about 30-40min.

Last edited:

AndrewL

Newly Enlightened
That might be ideal, that way I could have guilt free lumens but still have primary cells for back up