Got my Fenix LO-TI...

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Number #077. Wish it was 007...James Bond. It is brighter than the LOP-se...has a great creamy beam...more like a traditional flashlight.

I wish they had made the low brighter...don`t need medium for many things...but forced to use it, as low...it`s just to low to be of any real worth. At least low is brighter than the SE.

High is real nice...huge bright beam. Almost seems impossible given the small size. The AAA cree`s should be funtastic.

Whats your #...and is yours creamy as well?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well...I know Bart...but in my world there are few times I`m truly in total darkness. In my bedroom for example, my window A/c has a digital display, my LCD TV has a bright blue light when turned off, my laptop power supply has a green led, I have 2 surge protectors with led lights in them, my AAA/AA batt charger has leds that stay lit, my bathroom has a led nightlite. I have a street light in front of my home, and one on the block behind it.

And I have a bunch of low powered lights for dimm long run time.

I wanted a low that was bright enough that I would not just be "getting by with" but use comfortably. So I have to use medium for most things...and I guess thats fine...but it`s more than I often need. I would like to have had 25 lumen-12 lumen-40 lumen. I would have gotten longer batt life with this set up...as 12 would be enough for most tasks.

Low is ok for taking a shower with...or just moving around in a room...but not good for really doing things, my opinion anyway.

dchao

Enlightened
Low is slightly too bright, too close to the medium setting to be useful. HDS's low is perfect IMO.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
dchao said:
Low is slightly too bright, too close to the medium setting to be useful. HDS's low is perfect IMO.

I see people talking about wanting a low that is similar brightness to the low on an HDS light, but does anyone EVER actually use that level of light for anything? It is so dim it's not even funny. I think the low on the LOPSE is about as dim as anything I would ever want. If I wanted dimmer I would use a depleted keylight or something to that effect.

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a hds that lives on my night stand it is my get up at night light and it stays on the lowest level with more light just a press away. Its lowest level is great for night adapted eyes.:grin2:

munkybiz_9881

Enlightened
Mine is #008, :grin2: and I love everything about it. I actually like the low setting, and use it alot. High setting is amazing for such a small light.

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
adirondackdestroyer said:
I see people talking about wanting a low that is similar brightness to the low on an HDS light, but does anyone EVER actually use that level of light for anything? It is so dim it's not even funny.

Believe it or not, I've actually woken up in the middle of the night, turned my HDS U60 on to low, and thought "wow, that's too bright." And that was in an apartment!

When your eyes are truly night-adapted, even the smallest amount of light can seem pretty bright. I actually had to put my shirt over the lens to diffuse it and reduce the brightness.

That experience really opened my eyes (alright, slight pun intended) to the way in which we flashaholics view light. I freely admit to always wanting the brightest possible lights (Mag85s, Mag623s, Mac's TheTorch, etc.). But the truth is that when there's *no* light, even the smallest amount of light is more than sufficient. (Or in my case, blinding!). I live in the city, where there's always at least some light pollution. It really takes a night in the woods (or a surprisingly dark night like the one in which my HDS blinded me) to remember that a flashlight's purpose is to help you see - and just about any light is adequate when it's truly pitch black.

And god forbid we ever had to endure something like a 10-day blackout, my HDS on low (which would actually last that long on a single CR123) would get us through.

So would, it sounds like, the Fenix LOP-TI. Just in a smaller, cuter package.

- FITP

Last edited:

lightningbug

Newly Enlightened
I've got mine as well. I have #052, and......a signature model from another vendor with my name. They both have identical beams...same tint, same brightness levels, same feel. I really love them. However, I'm toying with the notion of selling the serialized version, and using the money to fund another purchase. I know if I decide to sell it, I'll regret it......ho hum....what to do, what to do....