U2 newest body and 18650

sp5it

Enlightened
I needs to be sure that body is not so thin in the middle section. On front and back is enough material.
Mike

faco

Enlightened
I removed the plastic insert in my "newest body U2" and was just about to order an 18650 rechargeable, from what I have read the 18650 should fit once the plastic insert is removed ???? Can someone confirm this please.

I removed the plastic insert by placing the U2 battery section in the freezer for 15 min then stuck my little finger in the tube with a slight bend and pulled it out without effort, thanks to whoever came up with this idea on this forum.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Faco - you don't have the newest style body - the newest style body has eliminated the plastic sleeve, and slightly reduced the inside dimensions of the body, which necessitates boring the body out slightly to fit the 18650 battery.

Your technique is the right way to do it with bodies that have the sleeve in them. :)

john

faco

Enlightened
Thanks john, I've been away from the forum for a while and didn't realize a newer version was available. Time to order an 18650 for my older version, or should I say 2nd oldest version :)

sp5it

Enlightened
Does opened head void the warranty? In mine U2 it was opened before I bought that light. Don't know the reason, but now I can easily replace emitter/adjust focus.
Mike

grnamin

Enlightened
sp5it said:
Can anyone confirm or deny?
Mike

This is a difficult question. I can only relay my own experience. I recently had a U2 that kept powering down on its own after being on for less than 10 minutes. I had already previously opened the bezel. I sent it back to Surefire because of the powering down problem. They did warranty repair on it and sent the very same unit back to me. :)