Please help me prepare my defense case!!

aggiejason

Newly Enlightened
I need help!! So far today I've spent $218 on lights! But in my mind, I think I've gotten a couple of good deals. For $218 I've gotten a Pierce M10i, an Orb Raw, and 2 Peaks-a Shasta and a Kilimanjaro.

But my Girlfriend ain't gonna see it like that!!!
twak.gif
str.gif
What do I tell her??

bitslammer

Enlightened
Whadda 'ya mean "tell her" ????? You just don't say anything. Problem solved. Unless you have a joint checking account credit card then there's no issue.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
who says you have too?

A. tell her you got a flat and that between the tow and the tire change it came to 260 that leaves you a little more to spend on lights.

B. now days honey it cost that much to fill up the SUV

and when sh ask where did those new light come from you can say" oh i traded one of the other light i had for these new ones yeah benchmade_boy did give me a heck of a deal didnt he?

now just pm me so you can mail me one of your lights that way you can say thats the on i traded

sound good?

gorn

Enlightened
Wow, I wish I had that problem with my Wife. Every time I mention a new light, or she sees me looking at one online she asks me if I have ordered it yet. When I tell her that I haven't she says that I should. I find myself having to justify why i'm not buying lights to her.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
gorn said:
Wow, I wish I had that problem with my Wife. Every time I mention a new light, or she sees me looking at one online she asks me if I have ordered it yet. When I tell her that I haven't she says that I should. I find myself having to justify why i'm not buying lights to her.
dude you are one lucky dog!

TorchMan

Enlightened
Well I don't know your situation with her. Does she buy things you don't like, do you tell her not to buy them, etc? Is your expenditure going to affect bill paying, etc.? Does she monitor your money closely? I'd go for the golden silence, since from your writing she doesn't understand. I think you got some pretty good deals. Compared to me, your spending is mild. My first week of light buying (serious lights) fourteen months ago was beyond that. HDS U60, Inova T4 and Pelican M6 Lithium if I recall correctly. And lots of extra batteries!

In short, try to avoid it. If not, try to justify it. Needing more than one light if you break down on these dark Texas highways, being able to easily carry more than one, etc. You might search the CPF database/archives for member stories of really needing a light, or threads about news aritcles discussed here where people died, and might not have had a light been available on their person (In California a woman broke down on the highway, she didn't have a light on her, climbed over the barrier and fell to her death). It can be dangerous not to have a working light, and redundancy is key to seeing that you do, as is quality. I just ruined another 4D Maglite that had been in a vehicle. Batteries leaked. I put them in about a year ago, and had used the light a bit here and there even two months ago. You need more than one light, and more than one on your person, IMO.

If all these tactics fail, try convincing her to buy something she likes that you think useless!

Last edited:

aggiejason

Newly Enlightened
Actually, my girlfriend is pretty cool about it. She doesn't complain, she just thinks I've lost my freakin' mind!! :grin2: She's probably right about that!:sick2:

Torchman-what part of Texas are you from? I live in the Lubbock area.

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tell her you are going to pick your favorite and sell the rest back to other CPFers for what you paid. Then take a very long time to pick your favorite.

It's working for me. :D

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's easy. Spend $436 on a really nice handbag (hmm, maybe Kate Spade?) or a piece of jewelry from Tifffany. You lose your guilt, your girlfriend thinks you are a prince, and she'll be so busy fawning over the new trinket that she'll never notice the lights.

Trust me, it works. Trust me. ;)

aggiejason

Newly Enlightened
Oh sh*t!! A friend of my girlfriend's brought over her new handbag the other day. I believe it was a Coach brand bag that cost like $400-$425!!! Holy crap! I don't spend that much on flash.........uuuuuu........welllllll.................:lolsign:
Nevermind!!!:devil:

Kate Spade?? I know who David Spade is! :grin2:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
aggiejason said:
Kate Spade?? I know who David Spade is! :grin2:

I think they are brother and sister - no kidding! My wife told me... I remember they are related! LOL

My wife just found a wonderful online jewelry store... oh God, I think she's onto my last few purchases. This is gonna hurt, boys. This is gonna hurt. ;)

Norm

Retired Administrator
gorn said:

My wife is not quite that cooperative, she doesn't mind me buying lights, but she does say we all have to collect something, I just wonder about the growing handbag collection we have in our wardrobe. :)
Norm

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flashlights, especially EDCs are I-N-S-U-R-A-N-C-E of safety in unexpected situations. They are time saving tools of great utility when looking for that dropped earring, ring, contact lens, small screw or other part. The bigger, badder lights, you might argue, could be used for security purposes, such as self defense when explaining your expenditures.

BTW, this GF sounds closer to a wife.

aggiejason

Newly Enlightened
jayflash said:
Flashlights, especially EDCs are I-N-S-U-R-A-N-C-E of safety in unexpected situations. They are time saving tools of great utility when looking for that dropped earring, ring, contact lens, small screw or other part. The bigger, badder lights, you might argue, could be used for security purposes, such as self defense when explaining your expenditures.

BTW, this GF sounds closer to a wife.

Naw!! Strictly a girlfriend! And...uuuuhhhh......btw........don't tell my wife!!! :lolsign: