Being a Flashaholic means.....

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
You always have a gift available for those hard-to-buy-for relatives

Tonight's my sister's birthday, she's tough to buy for, i *was* going to buy her a Victorinox Equestrian Swiss Army Knife, she runs a barn and boards peoples horses, so she's out all day working with horses

i figured a SAK Equestrian would be a useful tool, but the hoof pick didn't seem as sturdy as it should, so i passed on it

i was at a loss for what other gift to give her, then it hit me....

i have a Fenix L0P SE brand new in box, it'd make the perfect little gift, i'll stop off at Radio Shack to get her a set of NIMH rechargable AAA's for it, i figure a pair of AAA's would work great, keep one in the charger, one in the light, and simply swap them every day or two, the flashlight'll always have a topped off battery, and she'll have a versatile, lightweight keychain light with decent brightness and runtime

alanagnostic

Enlightened
I personally haven't given any lights as gifts, simply because I don't think others will appreciate the gift of light like I do. I think many would be polite but not really like to receive a flashlight as a gift. Most of the people here are way on one end of the spectrum with regard to flashlights. The majority of people don't even know that anything other than Maglights even exist.

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of the ladies (nonflashaholics) I know like the design/size of the E1/LOP style lights and I have given a few away as gifts. They always seem to like them.

coppertrail

Enlightened
whippoorwill said:
Can someone give me a source for eneloops?
Not sure how many you need, but one of the best deals I've seen is (5) 4 AA Packs from Ritz Camera shipped for $46.xx (this includes a $20 discount by using Google Checkout). I picked up 5 packs a couple weeks ago. They're also availible at HH Gregg and Circuit City (online and locally), at a higher price.

Someone posted that they found them for $9.99 @ a local HHGregg, but I've yet to find that price

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmmm...I would say being a flashaholic means having been here for only a month and already bought 13 flashlights (9 as gifts and 4 for me). Oh.. and just changed my screensaver from nice flower photos that I took.... to really cool flashlight photos. Let's see... did my first runtime test tonight. Who would have thought you could spend an hour watching a flashlight, ha. It was kind of neat. Runtime test on low is next.

Nereus

Enlightened
Being a flashaholic means that you sometimes blind yourself when checking how bright your newest mod is. When your eyes get irritated by that you start to sometimes blind your girlfriend. When she gets irritated by that you start to occasionally blind your dog.

Not that I would do anything like that!

-N