Newly Enlightened
twak.gif

L.E.D.

Enlightened
This little dog resembles a hog.
fat as a log, and white as fog.
ouch, our cog, it feels the bog.
and this mog, she emits a crog.
this pooch has never recieved so much as a flog.
but a frog she once digested like prog.
her infinitesimal brain sogs,
and happy it makes me to own this dog.

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like this one better.

p2.jpg

He always looks so sad, it's so darn cute! Oh, ow rude of me, this is Peanut. A room mate found him as apup wandering the street next to a major hiway. She knew the house she had seen him before and took him back and placed him in the yard. After the 3rd time of finding him inthe street, she knocked on the door and told the man that answered that next time she found him loose she was keeping him. The guy took one look at her and said'" Then f*****g keep him!", and slammed the door. So I come home from work to find this lttle fellow wandering the house and two females with sheepish grins on their faces trying to avoid eye contact. I was adamant, no,no,no! But I knew that it was too late and all it was going to take was one night with him in the house and there would be no turning back. Being we had the bigger income, me and my girlie paid the vet bills and used this move as leverage to keep him, and I'm glad I did. Best damn dog I ever owned. I really miss him when I can't see him. He's my best friend, all the time no questions asked. What more could you ask for (well, besides being trapped on a deserted island with Britanny Spears
winkie.GIF
).

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!
Hey BuddTX, is that a Jack Russell Terrier? Those are the coolest breeds. A bud of mine had two, and gave one away to his daughter, and everytime I would visit, those dogs just took right to me. They are very playful and entertaining as well.

Ed

D

**DONOTDELETE**

fd22f607.jpg

Talk about gorgeous eyes,this is my daughters' dog, Blair. She is a maltese/silky cross. Two years ago she had one eye removed and recently lost the other eye but with all that fur no one notices anyway. The cause was glaucoma which is common in terriers.

There is even a special eye surgery for dogs here in Melbourne. There are even websites (blinddogs.com). Lots of older dogs are blind and the owners don't even know it! They rely heavily on their sense of smell.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Talk about blind dogs... I have a Komondor, and even at the shelter where she had to stay while we were on vacation, they thought she was blind. Turned out to be that she was just too stupid to figure things out...
icon15.gif

While I thought she could not see anything, there she was chasing flies...
grin.gif

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
We've got an Aussie who had juvenile cataracts and is now blind in both eyes.
He had surgery to correct the better eye and then after the surgery his retina detached.
He sure doesn't seem to care though.
Then our American Eskimo had an anaesthesia reaction and lost his hearing.
He's gone now but for a while it was very neat (oh dear... Mr. Dictionary has abandoned me) having one blind and one deaf dog.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by e=mc²:
Hey BuddTX, is that a Jack Russell Terrier? Those are the coolest breeds. A bud of mine had two, and gave one away to his daughter, and everytime I would visit, those dogs just took right to me. They are very playful and entertaining as well.

Ed
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">e=mc²

Good Eye! Yes, she is a Jack Russell Terror! Actually, she is not all that "terror" that some Jack Russels have, I think because I walk her with a pack of dogs "off the leash" for at least an hour every day.

She is incredibly affectionate. She has to be in "eyesite" of me at just about all times, even at home. If I go for more than a half hour without her at my feet, I go look for her to she what she is up to.

A great companion. BUT, they do need their exercise! For a 15 pound dog, she has a ton of energy.

GlockDoc

Newly Enlightened
I've often thought that when I retire I will try to start a line of "giant" Jack Russells.

Can you imagine what a great police and protection dog a 50lb Jack would be!

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by BuddTX:
...My dog thinks she is a big dog, thinks she is a cat (she climbs trees!).....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Budd,

Can you expand on that a little. It sounds impossible!

Brightnorm

GlockDoc

Newly Enlightened
My JRT, Jane, is certain death on moles and gophers. 'Course the back yard looks like a WWI battlefield, what with all the trenches, but I haven't seen her in a tree yet.

When I was a kid, one of my friends had a Cocker Spaniel that could climb trees. Really horrified the local cats! No escape.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
A GIANT Jack Russell! What's so unusual about that? ALL JRT think they are giants! Just ask them!

My dog thinks she is a big dog, thinks she is a cat (she climbs trees!), she thinks she is part otter, and swims like a fish whenever given the chance, she thinks she is part lap dog, she can sit next to you for hours, just watching tv, she thinks she can "catch" the dogs and cats on TV (the first time we watched the Disney Movie Cats and Dogs, she sat in front of the tv and watched the entire movie!

Seriously thought, a 50 # JRT! Do you know how much damage a 15 # JRT can do? Or a 5 pound puppy JRT?

I have to start getting serious about traing my JRT though. Take advantage of how smart she is.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by brightnorm:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by BuddTX:
...My dog thinks she is a big dog, thinks she is a cat (she climbs trees!).....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Budd,

Can you expand on that a little. It sounds impossible!

Brightnorm
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have many pictures! The first time she did this, she was chasing the next door neighborhood cat, and she got 7.5 feet into the tree.

Now you have to see the tree to understand how she did this. It's not a typical tree, where the trunk is straight and goes up 20 feet before branching out. The tree trunk stops becoming a trunk at about 4 feet, and branches out into many branches.

If I had a place to post the pictures, I would post them here, otherwise, send me an e-mail address where I could send the pic's, and I will send you pictures of her climbing a tree.