Another company has better LED than a Luxeon

PAB

Enlightened
I may not know where I am, but I'm not lost
Edison Opto, a Taiwan based high-power LEDs packaging manufacturer, has launched its latest addition, KLC8 series, to the Edixeon high power LED family.
The new series bring the industry's brightest single-chip LED with 250 lumens at a drive current of 1A.
It also delivers high luminous efficacy of 100 lumens/watt at 350mA, with a lifespan exceeds 50,000 hours.

Another company leaps ahead of the Luxeon LED. Do you think in a few months we'll have a Fenix P1D type light with 200+ lumens? I bet we do.

Last edited:

*Retired*
PAB said:
Edison Opto, a Taiwan based high-power LEDs packaging manufacturer, has launched its latest addition, KLC8 series, to the Edixeon high power LED family.
The new series bring the industry's brightest single-chip LED with 250 lumens at a drive current of 1A.
It also delivers high luminous efficacy of 100 lumens/watt at 350mA, with a lifespan exceeds 50,000 hours.

Another company leaps ahead of the Luxeon LED. Do you think in a few months we'll have a Fenix P1D type light with 200+ lumens? I bet we do.

In some of the press releases, they mention they use the CREE die...fyi.

"A Taiwan-based LED packaging company is using Cree chips to manufacture ultra-high performance power LEDs"

"The package, able to operate from a wide drive current range of 0-1000 mA, contains a single 40-mil chip supplied by Cree, according to Vincent Lee, Edison Opto's business development manager. "We design and manufacture the packages at our production site in Taipei, Taiwan," he says"
http://ledsmagazine.com/articles/news/3/12/11

Unfortunately, all these LEDs from various souces, look like they are using the CREE die, where the slug is + (or postitive), so folks will have to figure out how to insulate the slug.

For anyone that doesn't know, 40mil is the same as 1 mm (or darn close).

Details on the CREE die that everyone is utilizing to achieve these records:
http://www.cree.com/products/pdf/CPR3CR.-.pdf

0.98mm by 0.98mm according to the datasheet...

Last edited: