Inova T5 or 2 Inova X0?

A96Honda

Newly Enlightened
After our windstorm here in WA, it looks like I need more quality long lasting flashlights.

It didnt help, that I let 2 friends borrow my Mag74 and one of my cheap 2AA lights.

Anyways, we were out of power for 22hrs. I used up my Illuminator at work. Co-workers were blown away by that beast. Then used my Pentagon X3 the rest of the time.

I work in grocery store. It was dark there.:whistle:

Anyways, I have the older Inova X5 I think also. The tiny one, that has 5 LEDs in it. It's decent, if everything is pitch black. But I would like something about twice as bright.

Which one fits my bill better? Or is there something else I should be looking at?

LA OZ

Enlightened
Look at the Fenix P1D CE. It is very bright but too small for my hand. I will wait until other manufacturer to come up with a Cree version, especially from INOVA. The X0 I have is a great white light. It has abit more throw than the new X5. The T5 has better throw, but a big beast using 3 CR123 batteries.

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd go with the new X0, but bear in mind I don't have a T5, so...

The X0 has great runtime and regulation, decent output considering the runtime, and it's sturdy and reliable. I use mine at work (HVAC and Plumbing), and so far the X0 has performed great!

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally, I think the T5 is quite a bit more expensive, why dont you perhaps go with a new X5 (they are much brighter than the old X5) and either a new X02 (for longer distances) or X0 (floddy) this gives you two lights instead of one :).

Culhain

Enlightened
The Inova X5 and X0 are both very good long running lights. Which is best depends on where you anticipate using the light. At home, I find the X5 is more useful, but at work, with longer distances involved, the X0 works best.

sonofjesse

Newly Enlightened
I just picked up an X0 and I'm really like it and the 6 hours of regualted run time is sweet. I like how it feels. I don't think you can go wrong :)

frogs3

Enlightened
Dear A96Honda and Fellow Flashaholics,

You might perhaps rephrase your question in terms of keeping more batteries in the storage closet to run what lights you already own. My wife has the T5 for her real estate work, and it is a bright, long-lasting light that is well built, and convenient enough to carry in her brief case. Everything is relative about size, and it just does not seem bulky nor intrusive, and when she needs to show a dark basement without any functioning electric bulbs, it is perfect at 100 lumens. The T3 is a bit smaller at 85 lumens, and will serve well indoors and out.

For my bedside, I have both an ancient Everready 2D cell, and loads of spare batteries, as well as a new Inova T2, and plenty of spare batteries. The T2 has an advertised runtime of 5 hours with 40 lumens regulated output. Inside the house this works much better than the Everready.

When I want to have dinner or read, I use the Streamlights, with either 8hr (8 W) or 4 hr (20 W) flood lights, which are on perpetual charge. They can be recharged from the car as well, if powerlessness goes on for a long time.

My perspective is to suggest that you choose the type and amount of lighting instruments you prefer and keep enough batteries available in the closet, rather than trying for enormous run-times at decreased output. The long shelf-life of the lithium batteries is a real plus for lights depending on this type of energy.

To specifically answer your issue, the Inovas are in my opinion, well made, provide good output for the battery consumption, and can run continually until it is time to put in fresh batteries.

I hope you have better luck with the weather in the future.

=Harvey K.

carrot

Flashaholic
I am of the opinion you should be getting two (or three!) Inova XO2 from Costco at around $22 each. If you are not a member, maybe find a friend who is...

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
carrot said:
I am of the opinion you should be getting two (or three!) Inova XO2 from Costco at around $22 each. If you are not a member, maybe find a friend who is...

If you do, bear in mind the difference between the two lights. The X02 is a very, very tight spot with little or no useful spill. The X0 has a nice hotspot and a usefull spill and is physically smaller.

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Split the difference and get an XO3! It's a great light that puts out 82 lumens per Inova advert. More throw than an X0 but measurably smaller than the T5.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
fnmag said:
Split the difference and get an XO3! It's a great light that puts out 82 lumens per Inova advert. More throw than an X0 but measurably smaller than the T5.

Inovas are excellent lights. Own several myself..... But they do tend to be "generous" with their lumens numbers.

A96Honda

Newly Enlightened
fnmag said:
lol funny you said that, cuz i just bought your X03.:lolsign: :sold: