Newbie who just ordered p1d-ce question.

aarong50

Newly Enlightened
Ok, so as of recently I have really gotten into flashlights. Particularly small, bright, led's. I ordered myself a fenix lop-se and have really enjoyed it the last few days. So I decided to order a p1d-ce but I have a question. What kin of cr123a battery should I buy? Whats the best/brightest/longest lasting. I know this is a noob question but I am curious as I want to get some before my new toy arrives. Thanks in advance.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello aarong50 and welcome to CPF:)

I use rechargeables in all my lights (free Lumens) so I would go with RCR123 and a charger from member "AW".

Best regards

____
Tom

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too use rechargeables (RCR123) almost exclusively, though keep a good stash of primary CR123 just in case.

I think I saw on someone's runtime graph that low output won't work on the P1D CE when using a RCR123, so thats a consideration.

cheers

planex

Newly Enlightened
Try batterystation brand. Cheap, you can get them for as little as $1 a piece. While they may not be the longest lasting, they are probably the best value in primaries.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm using Surefire brand in mine right now only because I had a couple new ones lying around. I ordered some Energizers from 47's at around $2 a piece after the discount. Pretty good price IMO.

Culhain

Enlightened
I use SureFire batteries, purchased from my local dealer for $21.00 per dozen.

I keep them stored in a Pelican 1010 case equipped with Lighthounds foam insert for batteries.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want to pay the price Duracell is probably the best, safest and longest lasting although safety is not really much concern in a single cell light.

carrot

Flashaholic
BatteryStation and Amondotech brand batteries work fine for most of my applications. Some of my lights, however, are finicky, and prefer more expensive batteries. *cough*M3T*cough*

aarong50

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everyone for the help. I think I may purchase some of those rechargeables seems to make sense.