Another JetBeam on Roids story

Delta447

Newly Enlightened
Just received my 14500 rechargeable batteries and DSD charger from Lighthound last night and proceeded to charge them up. The fit was tight, more so in length than thickness, but I was able to get it to closed enough to work properly. All I can say is "Holy Smeggie Batman, this light is bright!" I expected a significant improvement, but nothing like this. I already have the AA extension tube, and was very happy with the light output on 2 lithium ion AA's, but I wanted the 14500 so I could pack the same heat in the single AA size for those times when a double AA configuration is larger than what I want to carry. However, the 14500 blows away the two AA configuration, at least to my eyes. In fact, it seems brighter than my L4 and it has some nice throw to it as well. The price to be paid for all of this white light goodness is that this baby heats up pretty fast, so extended full power sessions are probably not recommended. But that's easily solved by popping in a lithium ion AA when respectable output and long runtime (3 hrs. on high) are desired. I really like my Surefires, but it's hard not to love the power potential and battery versatility of the Jetbeam.

Wish I could post photo's, but I'm a technological fool. Sorry.

UK Dazzler

Newly Enlightened
I have always run my two jets (MKI + II) on the 14500 and yes it is mind blowingly bright!! You are right about the battery being a tight fit, I tightened down the switch a bit more on to the rubber boot in the tail cap which did give a little more space for the battery. I also like the reverse clicky as a light touch when the flashlight is on enables you to change between modes quickly on MK II. It's a great light. Enjoy! :)

C.

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's right.
I run my MK-I on 14500 for outdoor and lithium AA when indoor.
On 14500 it almost out-throw my Nuwai ALX 352-L ( 5 watter ) eventhough it get hots pretty fast so i only use for short burst around 1-2 minutes unless I'm at a cold environment .Build quality is very good with HA-III.That red tail button is so good looking.
:)

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are one of the whitest and brightest AA lights.I love mine.

Delta447

Newly Enlightened
It really makes me want another multi-level AA light that takes 14500 rechargeable cells. I think the Fenix AA models use these with similar results. Are there any lights with similar battery options as the JetBeam? Thanks again for turning me onto this great combo.