Got My Gladius...

Ignoramus

Newly Enlightened
I recieved the Gladius and wanted to thank all who helped me decide which light to get. All of the feedback has helped a lot, so my sincere gratitude to you guys/gals.

I frickin love this thing! From the adjustable brightness to the strobing. I carried it for a day so far in my pocket, it wasn't any harder than carrying my other EDC (SF E2L). I only had one light so I'm really using that to compare. My E2L had absolutely no flood, but I was used to it and couldn't complain because I was comparing it to no light so that's always better. This has enough flood for quick searching but enough throw and a hotspot for tactical uses(let's call it), if used intelligently. Even the lowest light setting is very usable in a lot of darkness, where of course we would need it the most. Does it really last 400+ hours in this setting? I thought the 6 hours on my E2L was long. I was thinking that I was going to use this light only on weekends and my E2L for everyday things, but I'm not sure I want to rotate (for now).

Anyway this thing is too cool and it's your damn fault! Thanks for the addiction:grin2: .

Schnotts

Newly Enlightened
At work, me and the boys go out on the highway in the middle of nowhere up here and turn the headlights off. Then I crank up the strobe and point it at my feet and dance around like an idiot in the middle of the highway. Kinda looks like breakdancing with the strobe going. We take turns doing it and all get a good laugh. We call it "The Running Man". :laughing:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Iggy, have you gotten an FM34 for it yet? It gives a beautiful, useful flood. I highly recommend it!

TacticalGrilling

Newly Enlightened
Gladius is the heat. Bought mine a while back and can't put it down. I had the same issues: I blame everyone here! But I also blame my local shop, Streicher's, too. They put together a really cool demo on their site that finally got me in the store. Here's the link:

Gladius Demo

Be Safe, Grill Tactical.

-Nick
TacticalGrilling.com

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Gladius is a fantastic light; in fact I just played with mine a few mins ago. The only thing to consider now is whether to wait out for a Cree gladius or some new incarnation of the Luxeon because a 1-150 lumen capable Gladius is always better than a 1-80 lumen Gladius, especially if the former has the same runtime for more brightness!

But if you need a light now, the Gladius is a great candiate and prices have come down quite a bit since it was released. Besides having to consider the improving LED technology in the market now, the flashlight itself in its current form is excellent for most uses.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a better light than I imagined and an incredible throw for an LED - not to mention all the cool features. I waited a long time to buy one (and as a result got a great deal on one) but if I had known how good they were I would have likely bought one sooner. After a lot of thought I think the only improvement I could make to this light would be to have a titanium tailcap instead of the plastic one (probably a tough plastic but nonetheless breakable).

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll pay $40 shipped for the FM34 pretty much anywhere you look. I got mine from fox-intl.com.

The FM34 is a bit of a tight fit on the Gladius. See this post I made about its installation. It's post #56 in this thread.

waynejitsu

Enlightened
For your E2L, try a F04, it makes a good flood for about $12 and is easily removable if you need a spotlight.