Best off topic thread of the year??

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, we are more than half way through December so is it still too early to nominate threads for the title of best thread of the year?

I think the best off topic thread in THE CAFE was Phaserburn's thread titled "I think I just found a grave in my yard...!" that was started back in mid March and ran more than 450 posts over 7 months.

That thread was so entertaining because it was kept light-hearted and jovial by everyone that posted in it.

I know that for a time, many CPFers were logging in just to see what the heck was new in that particular thread.

It was great fun and it brought out the best of the CPF community.

I hope we see another thread that is as wild, weird, and wonderful as that particular one next year.

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
can't think of the title, but it was a thread something like; "Why don't people read the whole thread before they post?"

the funniest.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I posted a link to the thread TedTheLed referenced which I think was a fun off topic thread.

I think the grave thread was a ton o' fun off topic thread.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I was threatened by Sasha with banning down south for not being sufficiently OT!!!! That thread is close to rating OT thread of the year, but requires registation. :crackup:

Larry

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
yup that was the one thanks Icebreak -- 'course it killed an hour rereading it..

never did figure out what that "Latin" was.. if it was anything..

Mad1

Enlightened
The "cow tipping light review" thread was pretty funny. :D

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
This was the first one I thought of too!!!

+1

LumenHound said:
I think the best off topic thread in THE CAFE was Phaserburn's thread titled "I think I just found a grave in my yard...!" that was started back in mid March and ran more than 450 posts over 7 months.

That thread was so entertaining because it was kept light-hearted and jovial by everyone that posted in it.

I know that for a time, many CPFers were logging in just to see what the heck was new in that particular thread.

It was great fun and it brought out the best of the CPF community.

I hope we see another thread that is as wild, weird, and wonderful as that particular one next year.

get-lit

Flashlight Enthusiast
My vote goes to the Left-Handed Light thread! I loved it! It's sure nice to come across humor like that to lighten my day.