UK2L VS SL Scorpion

WaltH

Enlightened
Neither light is shock-proof. The beam is going to be better on the scorpion but only last an hour per set of batteries. 2.5 to 3 hours in the UK2L. The scorpion is not waterproof but the UK is. Bulb replacements about every 5 set of batteries in the scorpion and I don't know in the UK. Scorpion has a spare bulp onboard and the UK uses an entire reflector/bulb assembly.

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
beam on scorpion is quite bright. and is akin to a surefire beam but not quite as clean. Thus throw may not be very far... I have never had a sl2

Chuen

Newly Enlightened
UKE 2L definitely have a longer bulb life. I have went through more then 5 sets of battery on my last UKE2L. The bulb is going strong when I lost it. That's > 15 hr of runtime. The beam of 2L throws further then the scorpion.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both of UK2L and Scorpion is good light. While Scorpion is weather proof (work well in rainy day) but not water proof like 2L. Scorpion has tailcap switch which is helpful for many people. Due to its tailcap switch, you will tend to keep the light on for shorter time than one with twisted switch, thus waste less battery. Due to the same reason, the bulb last shorter life than 2L because of more frequent on/off burst. The twisted switch of 2L will not accidentally turn on in a messy pack. For Scorpion, you need a good holster to keep its tailswitch from turning on in a pack.

2L is lighter than Scorpion and I believe 2L would survive better on drop test. Scorpion is much brighter and whiter than 2L.

Alan

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
Sounds like the Scorpion will suit my bright needs best and the UK2L my durability needs. I'm not getting both
wink.gif
. It looks like the replacement bulbs are both in the $4-$8 range. I think I'll go w/the Scorpion and be more carefull. Thanks for the help!!