Best value in a keychain Flashlight

dave43

Newly Enlightened
The Fenix P1D-CE looks incredible for a keychain flashlight but $75 is a little over my budget. What's the best lumen to dollar flashlight out there. I would ideally like to spend around $30-$40.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix P1, at around $40, is very bright, and a fine light. It may be slightly large for a keychain light, but thats a subjective thing. You would not be disappointed in the amount of light it makes.

Others (including me) like the Arc AAA-P, which is smaller, built like a tank, with a 5 hour + runtime, but not nearly as bright.

cheers

Warp

Enlightened
Just got a Fenix P1 yesterday. Fits well on my keychain....which also has an Inova Microlight on it. That Fenix P1 is great. SMALL, bright, full regulation, HAIII, 1 hour 45 minute runtime at full brightness.....did I mention that it is SMALL? Cost, ~$55.

You want something with enough light to find things you drop and see where you are going up close when it is dark? Look up photons and the Inova Microlight.

EsthetiX

Enlightened
I have these:
  1. L0P SE - (3 levels) High Level is very bright! Does not come in Natural color though and black scratches EASY so I don't keep it on my keychain. This one is definately my favorite though.
  2. ARC aaa P - Good run time. Good light output. The HA3 finish is tough as nails and hard to scratch. (good for keychain if you're concerned about cosmetics)
  3. Fenix E0 - 16 hour run time on lithium! Sufficient light for 99% of real world indoor situations. Not as bright as the arc P but stays just as bright as it was when you first put the batterys in (several hours after the arc p dies).
  4. Fenix P1 - It's a little stubby for my keychain and the battery life isn't anything to boast about. It's decent but I find myself using keychain lights so frequently that long battery life is essential and CR123's are not as easy/cheap to replace. I find the e0 more practical actually. Im actually waiting for another P1. The one that was sent to me was damaged so I havent seen its full power yet.
  5. Streamlight Keymate - Really neat looking (I have silver). SUPER DAMN bright but not for long and uses watch batterys. Long battery life after the initial bright burst of light you get for the first few minutes.
I'd really like to see someone start manuacturing an aaa cree led light. That would have been more exciting for me than the p1d-ce actually.

Last edited: