Get Rich Quick

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
I am in need of some money. do any of those get rich quick things on the internet thing really work? is there any proven way at all for a 17 year old to make easy money on the internet. i would prefer something that doesn't require much commitment. thank you.

SFR

Newly Enlightened
Sorry. Chain letters (e-mail) don't work, and most people that join multi-level marketing do not make any money either.

If you have stuff to sell or can find stuff to sell, maybe you can eBay your way to riches.

Darell

Flashaholic
Good lord - you can't be serious.

If it was easy and required no commitment, why the hell would any of us be working? If we knew a way to get money so easy - we could just send you some of our extra cash and REALLY save you some hassle.
smile.gif

Spend $1/week on the lottery to satisfy your "easy riches" need - and spend the rest of your time looking for a decent job. An education will go a long way to finding that decent job.

But hey (just in case) - if you do find that elusive get-rich-quick-with-little-commitment deal, please share.
grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i know darell, but i figured it couldn't hurt. as a matter of fact, i plan on getting certified and starting my own business building computers.

Artie Choke

Newly Enlightened
I've been looking for the "rich and famous contract" (see the original muppet movie for the context ;-) for a very loooooooooooooong time and still haven't found it. Like Darell said, if it was that easy, no one would be working, that's fur sure! Most of the infomercials and internet stuff just makes the sellers money. Hey! Maybe that's the ticket - sell your own get rich quick scheme to unsuspecting suckers, er, uh, customers!
wink.gif

But if that doesn't work, don't quit your day job. btw, you mentioned building computers - since name brands are so cheap, there probably isn't that much profit in it - but I've known people that set up and configure systems for small businesses that have made a good living at it. Target the businesses that are too small to be serviced by the big guys - it might be a good niche to fill.

Tombeis

Enlightened
Rothrandir:

Spend your time getting educated to install SAP software.

I could direct you to a place where you could be hired tomorrow at a very attractive salary!

PhotonRanger

Newly Enlightened
You might be surprised how much some of the junk in your closet might bring on e-bay. Some of the action figures you had as a kid may be collectable now. First edition children's books go for insane prices. It's a fun sideline for a few extra bucks while you train for a real job.

You can get work if you can configure VPN and firewall solutions for small businesses and telecommuters. Community college courses can have a lot of bang for the buck in the computer area. Teachers often know the local hiring scene, and can steer you toward networking, security or whatever is the current growth area.

PhilAlex

Enlightened
I'm with PHoton ranger. There's a homeless kid in NY who makes $2k a week on Ebay.

He gets most of his stuff to sell, FREE.

For example: he goes to a movie, and just takes a STACK of the PREVIEW magazines.

Ones with Harrison Ford on the cover go for big $$

Those who've seen the "Make $4000 dollars a day in your underwear ads"... Well, it's true... But there IS some work involved!

But it's an honest claim... The catch is, most people do NOTHING. Ebay again: So much of that stuff is available for PENNIES, Unopened.

Not the seller's fault!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
well, i do a little Delphi programming also. i don't look to make big money or anyging, just a couple bucks a week could add up. I've got to support my flashaholicism somehow. i've thought about selling on ebay, but don't have the slightest idea how to do it. i suppose i will go read through all their mumbo-jumbo, what does it cost to sell on there?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
hmmm. doesn't look as expensive as i origionally thought. i tihnk i might start selling some stuff. is there any demand for luxeon emitter 3d maglites? at what cost should i consider selling them?

PhilAlex

Enlightened
Roth: And this is just personal, but I like to sell all the "Junque" I have lying around every so often.

I start at a penny, cuz I'm looking to get rid of it.

It's not that expensive... When you really want to start making $$, what you do is get the rights, somehow to something to sell, so you don't have to keep typing the same ad in every time you want to sell something.

Idea: Try doing searches for stuff you have and be amazed at how much they bring!

Phil

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rothrandir, you need both credit card AND checking account to register as a seller (seller's account) on eBay. I have a seller's account, though I not yet listed anything.