I just made my first convert!!!

Face

Enlightened
Well, I guess I've reached an important step in my (flashlight) life!!!

I've just had some friends over, and we were talking about Christmas and stuff. Now, my best mate is just like me, in as much as we both love gadgets.

I shew(?) him the Fenix lights I'd bought for Christmas gifts. I've got my Dad a P1 and a workmate an L0P.

He was gobsmacked by the L0P - he couldn't believe that something the same size as his little finger could be so bright. He said he has to buy one NOW!!!! What an excellent thing to have on his keyring. It's marvellous - bloody marvellous (if you knew the guy, you'd laugh!)

Then I shew him the P1. He was absolutely AMAZED. Completely. He was almost speechless. Forget the L0P - he had to have one of these yesterday. He even made me go upstairs to drag my laptop down so he could check out prices at fenix-store.

When I told him that there was a new Cree model with roughly three times the output, I had to catch him as he fell to the floor ;)

As he left for the night, we took the P1 outside, where it was already slighty frosty and I turned the P1 on, so he could see the almost light-sabre-like beam. He said "forget the little one, order me one of the new ones of these (the P1D CE)".

And then off he went home and I was quite chuffed with myself.

Suddenly, out of nowhere my mobile bleeped.

It was a text message from my mate - and I quote.

"Actually, do me a favour, mate. Can you order both of them torches for me? The tiny one can go on my keyring and the other I can keep in my pocket. Ta!"

Result!!!!

Face

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good one!

The next step is to show him a hotwire mod like a 2C ROP or a low cost but bright spotlight like the rechargeable "10 million candlepower" Thor.

You haven't told him about the empty wallet side effect of flashaholism yet, have you?

TorchMan

Enlightened
My friends purchased Pelican M-6 Lithiums (they got one each) after seeing my collection of lights half a dozen times. They've branched out on their own some, getting a pair of Q3s as well, one a green anondized. Next they want multiple brightness lights, maybe one cells, or even a pair of T4s. It feels great to pass this flashlight mutation on to others and swell the ranks, eh? :devil:

I have sung the virtues of a light I don't own to them, the Fenix P1D CE. I'd love to get an in person look at one or two of those, I'd never seen a Q3 in person until they got them, one advantage of walking our own paths!

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Good job, Face! You can bet that your friend will be showing off his new lights to anybody who will listen and he'll wind up converting others also. Don't forget to tell him about CPF!