Doesn't it just PI$$ you off when....

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doesn\'t it just PI$$ you off when....

you spend 30 Min typing a review & when you hit the "Add New Topic" button, you lose your connection & everything you typed. Maybe I'll redo it tomorrow. I've typed enough today.
mad.gif
TX
mad.gif

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
Re: Doesn\'t it just PI$$ you off when....

Just a suggestion:

When I type long posts I type, then right before i hit submit, I copy the entire thing. Or, you can type it in notepad and copy and paste the whole thing over. That has happened to me several times before. I don't mind the retyping part so much as forgetting some of the things I typed the first time.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,

Been there, done that. I now use Word to write the longer comments and then copy and paste. I even screwed that up once. I THOUGHT I had copied it from Word, I closed Word without saving and then pasted a big fat nothing. Sometimes my wireless mouse decides to blow me off. I am going back to a corded IR mouse very soon. The nice thing about the cordless mouse is it allows you to throw it farther.

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you're lucky, sometimes you can hit the 'Back' button on your browser and you might get the page where you typed your post back.
Its worked a number of times for me in IE..

Graham

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast

Now if you had told me that an hour ago.....;>) TX
(I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one this happened too)

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is some good info to know for long posts, but probably should be moved to the Practice forum. TX