HELP EBAY SALE PROBLEM.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi.

my nephew won an old technics stack system on ebay for £10.50.

now the seller is refusing to sell it for that price, she says she want £50.00 because she is selling it for her in-laws.

I have threatned her with going to ebay and negative feedback, but she says that she will leave negative feedback for my nephew if we do.

is their anything that can be done, or is it best just to forget it.

thanks.

John.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you can contact EBAY, the seller had the option to put in a reserve price, or a starting price. I am not sure if EBAY can force the issue or not.
I would hold off on the negative feedback for a day or so- wait until you hear back from EBAY.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you were the high bidder and you met the reserve or there was none they have a legally binding contract to sell it to you for the price you bid. Not sure how things work in the UK but I'd put the pressure on them with whatever means you have. Tell 'em you'll do whatever is needed to get them to honor the contract. If they leave negative feedback too you can respond to it and they will look stupid in a case like this. And if you go to an eBay dispute sometimes negative feedback can be withdrawn if both parties agree I believe (I've seen comments to that effect in feedbacks).

Last edited:

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi.

this is the response, I received from the seller, just before i posted this topic.

hi
i explained that i was selling this on behalf of my inlaws,i have the right to explain to a buyer and offer apologies which i have done.in no circumstances is this item being bought for £10.50 and you can be as awquard as you like and go through ebay and i will be likewise back,negative feedback will be left,drop this and bid for something else.
CONTACT ME
carole

amlim

Enlightened
just contact ebay and see what they say. i personally feel that you have a legal right to the item since you won it on ebay and there was no reserve price. the issue is how to enforce it. i am not legally trained and this is just my personal opinion.

TinderBox (UK) said:
Hi.

this is the response, I received from the seller, just before i posted this topic.

hi
i explained that i was selling this on behalf of my inlaws,i have the right to explain to a buyer and offer apologies which i have done.in no circumstances is this item being bought for £10.50 and you can be as awquard as you like and go through ebay and i will be likewise back,negative feedback will be left,drop this and bid for something else.
CONTACT ME
carole

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have found the ebay page, where you can report an non-selling seller, but it is up to my nephew how far he wants to go.

It just shows you what some ebay sellers are like, thanks for the advice.

John.

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Report to ebay and lodge a claim.

You don't need to fully claim, just get it registered against them.

3 strikes and they're out.

As for negative feedback, against a buyer, you have a response, and who actually stops a buyer due to one negative feedback.

You cannot stop a buyer bidding, even with neg feedback

I think that the negative feedback against the seller is much more damaging.

So, report it, neg feedback if necessary, and damn the consequences.

You'll probably find that if you pay for the goods, they will arrive damaged, if at all.

Better to save your £10.50, rather than try to claim it back later, with the £15 minimum

And most important, make sure all communication is throught the ebay system, not stand alone e-mails.

If you get any of these, copy them back, through ebay, so that a record is kept.

Last edited:

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would just like to clear somthing up, no money has changed hands as the item was an collect only, so they would have been payed when the item was collected.

I think it`s a man called carole not a woman.

I just had an reply to my email, in which i said that we were going to report him as an NON SELLING SELLER.

seek all the davice you like,i dont need to be proud of myself as you put it,it was on behalf of someone else if it were mine i would have sold it,i understand when you win an item it should be yours but in some circumstances it isnt possible and this is one. i suggest you GET OVER IT instead of being a complete loser.
carole

savumaki

Enlightened
A dispute should be filed with ebay since it is a legally binding contract; rest assured it would happen were the shoe on the other foot.

Besides it should look good on "carole" considering the rather belligerant attitude. :touche:

creampuff

Newly Enlightened
Don't neg. away yet, because the seller out of pettiness will just neg. back.

Report the user as a Non-performing seller.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/seller-non-performance.html

I believe they are given seven days (maybe nine) to remedy the situation, and then they are given a strike by ebay. 3 strikes and they are out (I think).

When I sold my Surefire A2, the non paying buyer thought since I had very little feedback, I was afraid to do anything, because if he neg'd. me it would make my profile look bad. However, reporting the seller (or in my case the buyer) to ebay; I was able to get the ball rolling without my feedback being damaged.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a time frame to leave negative feedback, afterwards it is not allowed, IIRC it's 60 days from auction end, I once had a similar situation, and remainded myself to give a nasty feedback on the very last minute of the 60 day period, He got what he deserved and I got nothing back in return. he he he!

But take it to ebay first, forward to ebay all his/her emails she sent you, so you could dispute the negative feedback, I think threatening neg feedback from a seller is not allowed either. Go the ebay route.