Sking with light??

redskins38

Newly Enlightened
Im going on a ski trip after christmas and was just curious what lights the skiers on here take with them while on the mountain

jayke

Newly Enlightened
Redskins,

I am going out west in a few weeks hopefully (hopefully) for some skiing. I will have a Fenix P1d CE in my Ski Jacket at all times. I am also bringing my Jetbeam MKII for after skiing at night out in the town or wherever.

Have fun!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The last time I went skiing, last season, I had a Arc-P and E1e on my person. I have since upgraded the E1e to a HDS B42 XRGT. I feed my Arc-P lithium cells.

So I ski with a Arc-P on a neck lanyard and HDS B42 XRGT in my pants/bib pocket.

Have fun!!!

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'll be going in february... to winter park... where you headed?

-David

redskins38

Newly Enlightened
Im going to breckenridge in january. How good is winter park? Ill at least have my aaa-p with me. I might bring along the L1P or L1. Has anyone been to Breck before here?

carrot

Flashaholic
Make sure you keep your lights closer to you rather than on the outside pockets of your jacket. Even lithium-powered lights weaken in the cold weather.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have but i dint go skiing i went tubing (at least i think it was ther) but i am pretty sure. it is super cool they can pull you up the mountain then let you fly down the hill. very nice place but i must warn you get there early and make reservation dont plan on there being an opening.

jayke

Newly Enlightened
I'm going to Park City or Jackson Hole. The only place I've been out west before was Purgatory, in Colorado. That was quite a mountain. Got 2 feet of snow the first night. I usually go to Killington, in Vermont.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
never been to winter park, it'll be my first time.. i snowboard so i think it'll be pretty sweet.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey benchmade boy.... you ever go to snow creek?

on another note, i plan on buying a aaa light between now and feb so i can bring it on the trip, fall, and not get hurt.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
cheapo said:
hey benchmade boy.... you ever go to snow creek?

on another note, i plan on buying a aaa light between now and feb so i can bring it on the trip, fall, and not get hurt.
no never been, wheres it at? i really havnt done the skiing thing but snow tube that is fun and i havnt been on the other side of the divde as uasull in the winter that demand people to have chains on there tires and being from kansas we just ant cut out to drive in the snow very well.

Chuck289

Enlightened
There's a place in northern california, I think Boreal, maybe some others, that have the whole mountain side with stadium style lights and you can ski all night

Colorado Fatboy

Newly Enlightened
FWIW there is only one resort in CO that offers night skiing, that would be Keystone. And it's confined to a very small area, which is lighted. The lifts everywhere else close around 4:00pm.

Don't know about other parts of the country but speaking from experience it's way too cold to ski at night.

I've never carried a light while skiing but then again last time I went I wasn't really into flashlights. With that said I'll probably carry what I do everyday, Fenix P1D CE.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
benchmade_boy said:
no never been, wheres it at? i really havnt done the skiing thing but snow tube that is fun and i havnt been on the other side of the divde as uasull in the winter that demand people to have chains on there tires and being from kansas we just ant cut out to drive in the snow very well.

snow creak is near kc.... a few days ago, they opened the snow tube slope... first year of snow tubing.. havent tried, but it should be fun

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
cheapo said:
snow creak is near kc.... a few days ago, they opened the snow tube slope... first year of snow tubing.. havent tried, but it should be fun
near Kansas city? really, wow my bro lives up by there. that will be cool.

TacticalGrilling

Newly Enlightened
It's not that cold in CO! Most of the areas are great if you know what you're looking for. FWIW, avoid the crowds and head to Copper Mountain. Most of my friends that live in the area ski there and have even worked there in the past. They've got some of the most diverse terrain. Plus, with the Super Bee added a couple years back, you can ski some serious vertical without too much wait. Then, head to Eagle Village for a little mid-mountain grilling. Last, be sure to get your Oatmeal Cookie Shots while you're there, A Copper Treat!

Be Safe, Grill Tactical.

-Nick
TacticalGrilling.com