L1T trouble...

Mundele

Newly Enlightened
I just got a L2T with an L1T body. Works great with the L2t body but won't work at all with the L1T. I also have an L1P and used the head of the L1T/L2T on the body and switch of my L1P and it worked fine.

Has anyone else had trouble with L1T bodies?

I also tried putting a bit of foil on the battery (a plain old alkaline, brand new) in case it was shorter in some way.

Help!!!

--Matt

munkybiz_9881

Enlightened
I dont know, but make sure you have the body on the right way, one end is anodized at the threads and one is not. The un-anodized threads go to the head, Im not looking at my light right now, but I believe that one end is longer than the other. other than that make sure everything is clean, especially the very ends of the tube.

I hope this helps, its all I could think of........

Mundele

Newly Enlightened
Also tried the L1P on the L1T body and switch. It didn't work either. It looks like the L1T body tube is slightly taller/longer than the L1P body tube.

This is really irritating...

--Matt

LED Dude

Newly Enlightened
Hi Matt I had the exact same thing happen to me I bought a L2T and L1 body and it worked fine with L2T but with the L1T body it did not work. With the tail cap off I connected the negative end of the battery to the body and the light came on so I knew it was something to do with the way the tail cap worked or should I say did not work on that body.

Looking at the two bodies with tail cap off I could see the threaded section that the tail cap screws on to was shorter on the L1 body than the L2 body. When I screwed the tail cap on the L1 body the bright metal ring inside the tail cap that is part of the switch was not touching the end of the body(this needs to make electrical contact) because the leading edge of the tail cap would hit the larger section of the body before it would. At first I thought there was no easy way to fix this and that I would have to send it back and I was not happy as I want to use the L1T more then the L2T. After a few minutes of thinking about it I remembered reading about how the switch was just screwed into the tail cap and could be adjusted.

Looking inside the tail cap you can see a bright metal ring with two holes out near the edge, perfect for accepting snap ring pliers. I turned it just a little bit counter clockwise as viewed from inside and put the tail cap back on and it worked great. That was in August it is still working Great. I carry it in my pocket every day to back up my HDS U60 on my belt

I Hope this helps

David

Mundele

Newly Enlightened
LED Dude said:
Hi Matt I had the exact same thing happen to me I bought a L2T and L1 body and it worked fine with L2T but with the L1T body it did not work. With the tail cap off I connected the negative end of the battery to the body and the light came on so I knew it was something to do with the way the tail cap worked or should I say did not work on that body.

Looking at the two bodies with tail cap off I could see the threaded section that the tail cap screws on to was shorter on the L1 body than the L2 body. When I screwed the tail cap on the L1 body the bright metal ring inside the tail cap that is part of the switch was not touching the end of the body(this needs to make electrical contact) because the leading edge of the tail cap would hit the larger section of the body before it would. At first I thought there was no easy way to fix this and that I would have to send it back and I was not happy as I want to use the L1T more then the L2T. After a few minutes of thinking about it I remembered reading about how the switch was just screwed into the tail cap and could be adjusted.

Looking inside the tail cap you can see a bright metal ring with two holes out near the edge, perfect for accepting snap ring pliers. I turned it just a little bit counter clockwise as viewed from inside and put the tail cap back on and it worked great. That was in August it is still working Great. I carry it in my pocket every day to back up my HDS U60 on my belt

I Hope this helps

David

Perfect!! That did the trick.

Now, do I need to get some 14500's for this light?