Tek-tite Splashlite LED

raptor99

Newly Enlightened
Hey all, just bought a Tektite Splashlite LED for my keys. Cool light, but i really like to buy only made in the USA products for my EDC, don't ask why, just anal i guess. Any way the tektite website says all their lights are made in the USA. So if that is the case why does mine say China near the keyring?.....any help would be wonderful..:huh2:

Scott@Tektite

Newly Enlightened
Raptor99: Tektite brand lights are US-made. The Tekna Splash-Lite is a legacy product that we bought from another company.
This is quoted from our TEKNA page:
"...These Items are manufactured by us, and companies in Europe, China and the U.S.A., usually on the original Tekna tooling, and may have the current manufacturer's name on them."

paulr

Flashaholic
Hmm, neither of my two units has any country-of-origin labelling near the key ring or anywhere else I can notice. They just say "Tekna Spash-Lite" with a tm symbol on the side.

The technically advanced part of any LED light is the LED itself, and I don't think anyone is using US-made LED's in flashlights. They are all made elsewhere even if the plastic flashlight shell is made in the US.