The Craig Thread--Revision 2

Saaby

Flashaholic
The other Craig thread was getting a little long, so we started a new one. As promiced, this new thread opens with the info on where Craig is now--making it very easy to find.

Originally posted by beader:
Hi everyone: Craig is moved to:
First Hill Care Center
1334 Terry Ave.
Seattle, WA 98101

Phone: 206-624-1484

This is a nursing home which provides about one hour a day re-hab services. I talked to his nurse today and she says Craig is still very confused. Like one post said, his brain in busy fixing other things and the memory will probably be last to wake up. He can read if he holds the material towards his lap as he can't open his eyelids fully, so he could work on his computer ok if he held his head back, but perhaps that will get better also. He will end up with some vision problems in that he will need a lens for one eye that darkens whenever he is in bright light. He is walking with a lot of assistance. Thank you Jeff for keeping everyone posted. You do it better than I do. Ella
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I like long. What's wrong with long? Are we running out of page numbers? Was it too easy to follow the string from begining to end? the scroll bar was wearing out, maybe?
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
No Ted... it's just that my finger was getting all pruney-wrinkly from having to lick it so many times to turn so many pages...
winkie.GIF

D

**DONOTDELETE**

A finger cot and sponge bowl is in the mail, Sasha..hope your husband doesn't get the wrong idea...
yellowlaugh.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
The other one is still there Ted, this was all done with good intensions...you see, it puts the address of where Craig is now right up top and center. Well left, this board doesn't have an option for center justify--but then again I am indeed a nerd so...

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Did Ella say Craig was walking with a lot of assistance? Was he able to achieve this prior?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by MR Bulk:
Did Ella say Craig was walking with a lot of assistance? Was he able to achieve this prior?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I was curious about that statement as well. I had never heard Craig mention in any of his posts whether he was a hundred percent wheel chair bound or not, just that he had a suspected case of MS. Two guys I know at work with MS can stand up and walk around, albeit quite slowly but really need other methods to travel more then a few feet (they both have little scooters as well). Perhaps that was Craig's situation.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Wow! I just stopped by the LED Museum for the first time in months and heard Craig went to the hospital. I'm glad I found this thread, and I'm glad to hear that he is now recovering.

Get well soon Craig!

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Thanks for your speculations, geep. Gives me a clearer perception of the big picture.

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wed Oct 30

Nearly a week has past since Craig was moved to the nursing facility....

Other than his eye, I understand that physically is he is doing very well. Many have asked about him being able to walk. Craig suffers from MS or something very close (no definate diagnosis given). He is able to walk a few yards (unassisted) but then his legs give out (that's why the scooter/wheelchair) He does not have the strength/control over his legs to raise them even 6 inches..

His Mental condition is unchanged. I call daily, and he is still very confused at times. Again, the word is, it just takes time.

Thanks to all that have contributed to the Craig Fund. He'll be able to kept his apartment, and we are trying to stop the bank from repo-ing his 3 wheeler

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hello all!

I'm brand-new here, but Craig is one of my long-time friends - I was even granted co-moderator status of the defunct Toylet Bowl BBS. (Yes, I DID feel special, and YES, I did take that seriously! "Die, Barny, Die!") Sorry I've been "out-of-the-loop".

My husband and I are pet-sitting Craig's rats. We had to take them to the vet last week; one had some growths & was breathing extremely rapidly all the time... The other one was chewing at one of those growths - it was nasty. We were preparing for the worst, i.e. rats + growths = cancer; but the vet found the worst one was a pus pocket (Happy Halloween everyone!!)- she cleaned it out, and it's healing nicely! She also has us giving them BOTH an antibiotic for a respiratory infection, and they seem to be doing much better.

Question: Does anyone know the names of these two boys?? They aren't the same ratties he had last time we visited! I'd like to start calling them something other than "Light Rat" and "Dark Rat"...

Phillip

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Phillip,

Welcome to CPF and thank you for looking after Craig's pet rats.

Here is a link to Craig's "Furry Fuzzbombs" page, all about his pet rats past and present.

Hope this helps ID the little fuzzbombs
smile.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
Hi Phillip!

Welcome to CPF and thank you for taking in Craig's babies.
smile.gif
Not many would take in rats!
icon15.gif
My daughter brought home two HAIRLESS rats from school one year. It was either she rescue them for the summer or the snakes get dinner.
shocked.gif
Turned out that Ms. Odd and Mr. Ebb were the most lovable, intelligent pets I'd ever had! (I only had cocker spaniels at the time... 'nuff said!) Mr. Ebb had those pus pockets too. It seems I paid a fortune to keep having them drained! The antibiotics just never did seem to keep them away. And the respiratory problems are chronic too. It seems to just simply be a "rat thing"!
wink.gif
grin.gif

axolotls

Enlightened
respiratory problem can usually be tracked to the litter being used (cage lining). cedar will kill them eventually. most rats are susceptible to fatty tumors. never had one with a pus pocket though.

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr. TP Bear,

Thanks for the update, I wonder about Craig all the time. He and his humor are greatly missed here.

I think I'm starting to have withdrawl symptoms with the LED Museum having no updates posted. It's like the world of LED lighting all of a sudden stopped.

Craig, rest up and get better, we're all here for ya.

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must sadly admit that I've been so busy that I didn't know what was going on with Craig. Very sorry to hear of his medical problems. He will certainly be in my prayers. May God bless him.

sstrauss

Newly Enlightened
I wish Craig a speedy recovery. I saw that recently there was a ratapalooza on Seattle. If someone could get that newspaper to him he might break out in a smile.

TheLEDLight.com

Newly Enlightened
I just called Craig. He's not quite himself but remembers things. I think the more the merrier in this case. Just CALL him.
MaryLEDLight